"krE-At" - What's next for Jacksonville?

merlin

Just want to let everyone know of an event that is taking place June 13th, 2005 at 6:30 pm in the space above TTV Architects downtown. This event/exhibition will be showcasing personal work (work done outside of their respective jobs) of some of the city's young architects. The event is open to the public. There will be wine, beer, and hor de vours. I look forward to seeing you all there.

I will post a copy of the event flyer shortly.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to try my absolute hardest to make it to this. Sounds very interesting, and I'd like to meet some fellow forumers (sp.?). It might provide inspiration, as i am about to embark on my 5 year task of getting a degree in architecture.

Unfourtunately, I cannot make because I will be up at UNCC that weekend for registration for college. I would have loved to go to this and please will someone show pictures of the event. It sounds really exciting as I am also looking to study architecture in college next year. Good Luck Dave!

this is going to sound a bit cheesy and cliche but I truly beleive it - Architecture is a profession of passion - you have to love it to do it.

Best of luck to the both of you. Hopefully your futures will find you prospering here in Jax. We can defintitely use some fresh minds that are willing to defend to the end.

Lance! I'm sorry to hear that you can't make it. I'll take some notes/pictures for you. I too am very serious about becoming an architect. When a faculty member at UF said the first semester is designed to make kids drop out, a big smile appeared on my face. I am willing to put forth the effort to make architecture my life.

Dave let me know who get. I went there for grad an undergrad and have been back to be a visiting juror on the design critiques every now and then. I also TA'd there for a while too. UF is a great school - rooted firmly in conceptual design. The curriculum is pretty intense as is with any architecture program. Not only is the first semester a "weed-out semester" there is an anonymous pin-up at the end of your second year where the faculty judges your work over the last 2 years to decide whether you move on to thrid year or not.

Sure thing Dave - actually several of the people in the Emerging Architects group are UF grads and will be there for the event. Alot of us were there at the same time. The second year thing isn't as brutal as it sounds. You will know the people that won't get in - either you have the quality work or you don't. I only knew of a few people that didnt make it in my year. Just check me at the event. I will be with all of the Eleven Squared, Inc. stuff.

Just a friendly reminder to all you UP'ers. The Emrging Architects (formerly known as the Young Architects Forum) will be hosting an exhibition of their personal work... work done outside of their respective 9-5 jobs. The event is open to the public and hor de vours and refreshments will be served. It will be taking place at 115 E. Forsyth Street in the vacant second floor (Right above TTV Architects, Inc. office).

I look forward to seeing several of you there. Thanks to TUC for allowing us to leave flyers at the front counter of the Gallery.

Archived