2021 Predictions & Your Wish List

smeagolsfree

The need for the original Signature Tower is resurrected and built as an office tower in downtown or SoBro.

Cummings Station starts on 1st and 2nd tower.

The south end of Sobro see's announcements for both mid-rise and high rise buildings to expand the skyline closer to I-65.

Redesign of the Jefferson Street, John Merritt and Ed Temple Blvd intersection to improve the approach and appeal to the Tennessee State Campus.   Would love to see one of the gas stations closed and the other relocated to the opposite empty corner lot.

Redevelop the area along Jefferson Street near I-40  between D.B. Todd and Ed Temple Blvd./28th Ave N. with low and mid-rise buildings to create street level shops, residential and small office suites.  This would help to create a college park like area for Fisk, Meharry and TSU.  The area should include a neighborhood sized Target, Walgreens or CVS, national chain restaurants and local restaurants, possibly a hotel brand like Hilton Garden Suites or Marriott Courtyard.

Redesign of the south portion of the I-40/I-65 loop to better handle the flow of traffic (sky ramps or an upper deck may be the solution to move traffic that is not exiting into downtown). 

Announcement for the first of several buildings to develop the East Bank between Jefferson Street and S. 2nd Street (to include the elimination of all industrial sites in the area, truck stops and all surface parking lots that could be converted to parking garages to create more green space. The truck stop could be moved to the Trinity Lane area)

Enclose Nissan Stadium (Nashville is missing out on major sporting events like the Superbowl and the  NCAA Final Four.

All the car dealerships on Broadway either relocate to free up land for more appealing development, or reduce their lot sizes by building garages to create more urban friendly car dealerships.

The property bound by Broadway, West End and 17th Ave South (The Triangle) is developed with a prominent office tower with a colorful LED display for either visual art effect or commercial advertising.  I'd prefer the visual art effect.

Disney, Universal Studios or Six-Flags announces the development of a new theme park in or near Nashville.  Have they developed the old Starwood  Amphitheater property yet? Probably not large enough but just a thought...

• Like 4

• smeagolsfree changed the title to 2021 Predictions & Your Wish List
1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

* Development will pick up steam in the WeHo area due to the construction of the Soccer Stadium. More new developments will be announced and the area south of the stadium will start seeing new investments (Corinne Place & Russwurm Heights) with a major development announce for the southern intersection of Craighead and Nolensville.

Have you heard about any rumors for Corinne Place and Russwurm Heights?

23 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Have you heard about any rumors for Corinne Place and Russwurm Heights?

No, this is an area that has sort of been on my watch list for a while and is a natural progression from the WeHo/Fairgrounds area. The area that fronts Craighead & Nolensville is a perfect opportunity for a developer to have a very ambitious project there. I am unsure if it is in a opportunity zone or not, but I have had my eye on that land for some time.

It was quitclaimed to the Kornman Investment company in 2003. I think they are a land investment company, just waiting to sell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am just renaming this thread so we can continue with it.

* The start of the Edition Hotel

* Start of Swerdling/Fairmont hotel late 2021 or early 2022

* Start of Moderna Germantown

* The start of The Landings Creek Lane Cap. project on the east bank

* Announcement of Oracle to the East Bank (40 ACRE CAMPUS)

* Details emerge about the two unknown Giarratana towers

* A new high-rise project announcement at 18th & Division

"The Unknown Giarratana" towers?  Were these credible rumors? And where would they go? 

Smeags, you keep your ear to the ground and become aware of projects (sometimes long) before they're publicly announced. So I have to ask, which of the above have you heard about with a lot of confidence?  OK... I had to ask. 

Thought Russwurm was a typo.  Someone may have to do something about changing that name.

29 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

"The Unknown Giarratana" towers?  Were these credible rumors? And where would they go? 

Smeags, you keep your ear to the ground and become aware of projects (sometimes long) before they're publicly announced. So I have to ask, which of the above have you heard about with a lot of confidence?  OK... I had to ask. 

Thought Russwurm was a typo.  Someone may have to do something about changing that name.

The NBJ has reported that Tony has two more towers in the works, so that is public knowledge now. If I told what I knew then I would have to kill all the people I know!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, titanhog said:

I’m surprised no one predicted 2020 would be the Apocalypse. :tw_glasses:

From my  post:

"Yes, I am sounding overly optimistic, but I do think we have a lot to look forward to and I do not think 2021 could get much worse unless the economy totally crashed, WW III happens or Yellowstone erupts. Then all bets are off!"

I did leave out the life ending asteroid strike or the direct hit of a class X solar flare on planet earth, or even the possible zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, or gamma ray burst.

57 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

From my  post:

"Yes, I am sounding overly optimistic, but I do think we have a lot to look forward to and I do not think 2021 could get much worse unless the economy totally crashed, WW III happens or Yellowstone erupts. Then all bets are off!"

I did leave out the life ending asteroid strike or the direct hit of a class X solar flare on planet earth, or even the possible zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, or gamma ray burst.

I was talking about no one predicted Covid back in January…or that 2020 would be the craziest year ever.

My wish for 2021 (and beyond) would be the announcement of a new, high tech performing arts venue to replace the aging TPAC. This venue could provide better access to patron parking and dining than the current location. In my dreams this would be a part of a project that would incorporate restaurants, retail, office, and perhaps even residential (and the Reed or Beaman properties would be good locations). Photos are of the Eccles Theatre in Salt Lake City, which was developed at a cost of $116 million and opened in 2016.

440D44B7-9C2B-4621-A9B7-803230D1FFD6.jpeg

4FDD42C7-7F1F-421E-AC12-135D2AFDEC2C.jpeg

0F089FC2-A5B1-42CF-88A7-B6B39CF42E0E.jpeg

1455C953-B821-4577-B49D-FDD814915C37.jpeg

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 4