2021 Predictions & Your Wish List

smeagolsfree

On 12/3/2020 at 8:46 AM, smeagolsfree said:

From my  post:

"Yes, I am sounding overly optimistic, but I do think we have a lot to look forward to and I do not think 2021 could get much worse unless the economy totally crashed, WW III happens or Yellowstone erupts. Then all bets are off!"

I did leave out the life ending asteroid strike or the direct hit of a class X solar flare on planet earth, or even the possible zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, or gamma ray burst.

Other potential anomalies that are always waiting in the wings:   Magnetic Pole Flip, Collapse of the global financial system, Dawn of super-intelligent AI, and the return of McDonald';s Szechuan dipping sauce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 9:55 AM, nashvylle said:

The Fairgrounds could also be a spot, too, within the mixed-use development. I also think on East Bank downtown should also have one. 

My first thought was the East Bank.  But, I also thought that behind the Fort Negley Park area might be a good spot if it.

However, I think an observation  tower with glass elevators to the top would be better for Nashville.  A tower can be located in a number of locations in the inside the loop.  It could even be in mid-town.  A tower could be a complex that includes ground level retail and the top of the tower could have multiple levels for observation, dinning and bar lounge.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, PillowTalk4 said:

A NASHVILLE sign erected at all interstate entry points into the city.  Preferably incorporated into an overpass bridge.

The pedestrian bridges over I-40 near TSU and on the south side of downtown, modified to include lighting that reflects being in Music City (musical notes, instruments, etc.)

The fact that these things aren't already done is disappointing. For a city that prides itself on tourism, Metro seems to overlook some very simple and reasonably inexpensive design details of a tourist city.

• Like 4

On 2/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, PillowTalk4 said:

A NASHVILLE sign erected at all interstate entry points into the city.  Preferably incorporated into an overpass bridge.

The current NASHVILLE signage, LOL.     Postage stamp size and surprisingly cluttered.     These TDOT signs have been at each county line along the interstates for as long as I can remember.  This one is on I-24 as you're approaching Joelton.        

image.png.a7f6c9a0a8ad559e0a0ef7cb62da6229.png

image.png.68cf6515e1e6619950fda9da3a4c1553.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2