Apple Store Fact

BBascule

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Story on the AppleStore slated for ProvidencePlace:

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/chronology.html

Scroll down about 60% - where you see the cartoon pic of Steve Jobs sitting on the Great Wall of China.

Old news maybe, but wanted to add the link. I've been dying to buy a new iMac to replace my relic of a PC at home; so open the store so I can buy it already!

I've kinda been hoping that the Apple store in Providence Place would fall through and that instead they decided to open in that Securitas space on Westminster. If they opened on Westminster along with whats already there, I think it would be the perfect catalyst, the street would take off, other retailers would flock to the street and it might then be on track to be Providence's Newbury Street. Maybe thats a little optimistic but anyhow. If not Westminster, I'm certainly OK with them in Prov Place :D

• 2 weeks later...

apple seems really stubborn when it comes to the providence store location.

They wouldn't dare open an apple store in warwick would they? Warwick IS the retail capital of the state basically.

apple looks for the hip factor... and face it. warwick ain't hip. providence, however, is very hip. also, i think they prefer more metropolitan areas and while warwick is part of providence's metro, providence has more of a population that would visit the apple store.

besides... it'll bring more people to providence (although i was surprised to see on their site that they have 4 in the boston area, i only knew about the cambridge location).

Another audience member asked when Apple would be coming to Providence, and Johnson said the company had been trying to obtain a space in the nearby Providence Place mall for about a year. He said the existing tenants had long-term leases, and space was difficult to find. He noted that when you sign a five to 10-year lease, "You want to make sure it's the exact, right place." He said the company is looking at 100 other potential locations, and tries to be very patient to obtain the proper real estate. But he promised that eventually an Apple retail store would be located at Providence Place, "as soon as we can."

I believe this has already been posted, but here it is again for those who missed it.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:8oxrdL...rovidence&hl=en

I've checked as many Apple formus as I could on Apple stores. They like to build their stores with a lot of glass & steel, which is reflective of their product line. My gut feeling is that they just may end up at the new GTech HQ as that building's design more closely fits Apple's image.

I've checked as many Apple formus as I could on Apple stores. They like to build their stores with a lot of glass & steel, which is reflective of their product line. My gut feeling is that they just may end up at the new GTech HQ as that building's design more closely fits Apple's image.

I would prefer them on Weybosset or Westminster, but I agree with you, GTECH would be a good fit for Apple. If they could brand it externally well enough it might be a better location than inside the mall. They'd get the benefit of being very close to the mall and it's ample parking, but also get a billboard affect from the street and the many people who aren't in the mall.

Also, walking by the Brown Bookstore yesterday, I was picturing an Apple Store on the ground floor there. I don't know how the relationship would work between B&N (if they take over the bookstore) and Apple. But I could see on the ground floor, a small format Apple Store, a Starbucks, and the Brown Giftshop, with books, music, movies, et.al. on upper floors.

• 2 months later...

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/2006/01/04/pr...ll-now-certain/

This was posted 24 hours ago. Does anyone have any ideas on which vacant space in PPM that might fit Apple?

No ideas, but hoor-f-ing-ay! Now, should I buy my iPod now, or wait 'til the summer opening and hope for big opening day discounts?

No ideas, but hoor-f-ing-ay! Now, should I buy my iPod now, or wait 'til the summer opening and hope for big opening day discounts?

Wait until Apple makes the switch to Intel! BTW - Apple's MWSF (Mac World San Francisco) starts Jan 10th. Steve Jobs will make the keynote speech then, so mark the date to see how the transition goes (he's expected to make some big announcements) - It's off topic and IPods don't run on Intel chipsets, but wait a few months anyway...

Wait until Apple makes the switch to Intel! BTW - Apple's MWSF (Mac World San Francisco) starts Jan 10th. Steve Jobs will make the keynote speech then, so mark the date to see how the transition goes (he's expected to make some big announcements) - It's off topic and IPods don't run on Intel chipsets, but wait a few months anyway...

might want to check the mac rumors apple buyer's guide before you buy something. it's generally pretty good and on top of things...

Archived