Apple Store Fact

BBascule

Wait until Apple makes the switch to Intel! BTW - Apple's MWSF (Mac World San Francisco) starts Jan 10th. Steve Jobs will make the keynote speech then, so mark the date to see how the transition goes (he's expected to make some big announcements) - It's off topic and IPods don't run on Intel chipsets, but wait a few months anyway...

might want to check the mac rumors apple buyer's guide before you buy something. it's generally pretty good and on top of things...

I'm reading iLife06 and iWeb rumours on MacRumours and TUAW right now (funny how I can multitask at work on so many non-work things (I'm still in vacation mode)).

I'm not in the market for a new computer just yet, my iMac isn't even 2 years old. I should be able to get another 2 years out of it and the Mactels should be debugged by then. Of course if Steve announces iHome next week... I don't know what I'll do! :shok:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You and me both

I was hoping that iWeb might be Apple buying Realmac and relaunching RapidWeaver as iWeb, but Realmac is advertising an upcoming 3.5 of RapidWeaver, it could all be a clever rouse though.

My other hope for iWeb is a total redesign and many addons to .Mac. I'm ready to not renew if they don't do something with it.

I was hoping that iWeb might be Apple buying Realmac and relaunching RapidWeaver as iWeb, but Realmac is advertising an upcoming 3.5 of RapidWeaver, it could all be a clever rouse though.

My other hope for iWeb is a total redesign and many addons to .Mac. I'm ready to not renew if they don't do something with it.

Apple will release iWeb and a subscription reduction to .Mac; and more; check out this thread!

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread....40&pagenumber=6

Talk about Apple stealing the thunder after the CES currently running Vegas ends...Jeesh!

The only reason I keep renewing my .mac account is that I now have so much crap up there it would be a royal pain to move it over to a differemt server. Its also just so ding dang handy for quickly tossing up a page of pics.

www.grayfamilia.com

Liam

....i do have a guess where apple could be going.....on the first floor right near the center a jewelry store ( I forget the name ) has had 50%-70% off sale signs up for two months now. They also have signs that read other things forsale like the furniture. ( odd enough ) While its not posted I would say they are closing and apple will take that spot.

....i do have a guess where apple could be going.....on the first floor right near the center a jewelry store ( I forget the name ) has had 50%-70% off sale signs up for two months now. They also have signs that read other things forsale like the furniture. ( odd enough ) While its not posted I would say they are closing and apple will take that spot.

biddle banks and bailey or something like that... yeah, they're closing in the very near future. it's a good sized location for the apple store as well...

i think the rumors i've heard (maybe i heard it here) were that apple was going in the KB toys spot. but the jewelry store spot will put them in better competition with the sony style store... (which i am now boycotting because of their drm rootkits and spyware).

WOW! Mikepl makes history. Posts more than one sentence. :D

I'm on macrumors.com now, watching live updates of Steve Jobs keynote. Some points:

135 retail shops worldwide.

Retail stores had their first $1 billion quarter last year

14 million iPods sold in the 2005 holiday season

850 million songs sold on iTunes...3 million songs a day, with a 83% market share

8 million TV shows sold since Oct 12 last year

New FM tuner accessory and remote control for the iPod...$49

So by looking at the above points, the Apple Store in Providence will do well, no doubt!

Happily .Mac is down right now. Bring on the features and the pricedrop Steve!

I'm looking for 3 or 4 more things. :lol:

He did! iWeb confirmed. ILife06 revamped, a major release. Uploading to .mac easier and simpler. RSS feeds, and the like. IWork 06 released..improvements across the board

AND..THE INTEL iMAC WITH DUAL CORES HAS ARRIVED! F****** YEAH!

<reaches for wallet, whips out the plastic...>

Mactel iMac (iMactel?) out today. None of the rumour sites called that one. I'm gonna wait a while on that one still.

Looks like we posted together.

I'm not impressed with .Mac. I wanted a price drop, better features for those of us not publishing full websites to it... I have hosting (cheaper), I don't need/want to host my site to my .Mac, looks like I'm not renewing.

I hope there's an upgrade price for iWork and iLife. I do have a student discount at least.

Mactel iMac (iMactel?) out today. None of the rumour sites called that one. I'm gonna wait a while on that one still.

Cotuit - I've got the live feed here at work. Dual Core Intel iMac is confirmed by Jobs...2x-3x times faster than the current G5.

Cotuit - I've got the live feed here at work. Dual Core Intel iMac is confirmed by Jobs...2x-3x times faster than the current G5.

I'm reading it too. I understand it's confirmed, I'm just waiting since I'm not in the market for a new computer, and I'd like to wait for the bugs to work out of the Mactels (and Tiger 10.4). However, I'm staying tuned for a Mactel iBook, he might get me with that. And an iHome...

Alright! The Apple Store in Providence Place is definately on. Monster has job openings posted:

http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=38118013

If anyone who reads these posts on a regular basis and frequents the mall, please post where the store might go (construction signs, etc.)? Can't wait to go...no more driving to Braintree!

Alright! The Apple Store in Providence Place is definately on. Monster has job openings posted:

http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=38118013

If anyone who reads these posts on a regular basis and frequents the mall, please post where the store might go (construction signs, etc.)? Can't wait to go...no more driving to Braintree!

the only space i've noticed is open is that jewelry store that was mentioned before. i've heard KB toys is closing and i'm not sure about the toy store that used to be on the 3rd floor next to filene's, i know they closed but i don't know if anything's there yet...

Archived