Apple Store Fact

BBascule

the only space i've noticed is open is that jewelry store that was mentioned before. i've heard KB toys is closing and i'm not sure about the toy store that used to be on the 3rd floor next to filene's, i know they closed but i don't know if anything's there yet...

That jewelry store seems the most likely candidate as previous rumours said they were holding out for a first floor location. The first floor hold out rumour also makes KB less likely. I'm pretty sure the space vacated by the toy store next to Filenes has been filled.

PS: KB closing should be good news for Biggles.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All spaces where the toy store were have been filled. Like I said before my guess is the jewelry store. Its dead center on the first floor next to sharperimage.

That jewelry store seems the most likely candidate as previous rumours said they were holding out for a first floor location. The first floor hold out rumour also makes KB less likely. I'm pretty sure the space vacated by the toy store next to Filenes has been filled.

PS: KB closing should be good news for Biggles.

All spaces where the toy store were have been filled. Like I said before my guess is the jewelry store. Its dead center on the first floor next to sharperimage.

They should be able to put their logo in the Winter Garden windows.

What!!!??? And crowd out the long standing Dave & Busters logo!? :D

the mall building would look SO much better if it didn't have the store logos visible outside the mall, especially the DB logo hanging in the window. I can understand the restaurants on the street level with their signs, but not the ones from the mall itself. it gives it too much of a suburban look.

the mall building would look SO much better if it didn't have the store logos visible outside the mall, especially the DB logo hanging in the window. I can understand the restaurants on the street level with their signs, but not the ones from the mall itself. it gives it too much of a suburban look.

I like the signs. I wish there were more of them. They draw the 95 crowd in and distract away from the horrible unfinished lattices? that cover the garage from the highway. Am I the only one that thinks that it looks like they didn't finish covering the garage? That's more of an eyesore.

I like the signs. I wish there were more of them. They draw the 95 crowd in and distract away from the horrible unfinished lattices? that cover the garage from the highway. Am I the only one that thinks that it looks like they didn't finish covering the garage? That's more of an eyesore.

i should've been more specific... I don't like the signs visible from the city. I like the signs visible from the highway because otherwise it would just look like an enormous parking garage.

i was walking around waterplace the other day and looking up at the mall over the gtech building and the glass of the gtech building looks nice in front of the windows in the middle of the mall, but you got the dave and busters logo there and then above the building the big "feinstein imax" sign above it. i just think it would make for a more urban look if they got rid of those. apple is a nice urban company though, so their logo would look pretty hip. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

apple.com and providenceplace.com still haven't confirmed the Providence Apple store yet :( makes me uneasy. I haven't checked in a few days, but since the beginning of the week, both sites left any news on it.

CTownMikey...

Go to Monster (www.monster.com). In the Keywords text box type "Apple Store Providence" and click "Search". You'll see 10 job openings listed for the Aple Store in Providence Place.

Apple always works lilke this - they have stuff in the works and then make a big splash or announcement weeks prior to the event.

Me & family went to the car show at the RICC last weekend. We walked all the levels in the mall. There are two stores under construction on the 3rd floor, both of them flanking EB Games. I'd bet its' either there or the Bailey Banks & Biddle store (officially closed)

Patience...it will come! :D

Apple always works lilke this - they have stuff in the works and then make a big splash or announcement weeks prior to the event.

Yes, they usually announce very close to the opening date. That way they don't deter people who would otherwise drive to Braintree or some other Apple Store from buying while they wait weeks or months for Providence Place to open.

For example, I got an Apple Gift Card for Xmas to buy an iPod, and I'm trying to decide if I just go ahead and buy it online, or wait for the store and hope for a big opening day sale.

Would the ipod nano be on sale!?

PS: There's persistent rumours that Apple is planning a special music event for later this month. Rumour has it that Bono is teaming up with them to introduce a red iPod that will benefit AIDS charities and there's also a persistent rumour that the iPod Shuffle is going away and a 1GB Nano will replace it. Lot's of other speculation too. You might wait until March to see how/if this all pans out.

I was in PPlace last night and didn't notice any closed stores near the middle of the first floor. Where's the Sharper Image? I can't picture it and they did a horrible redesing to providenceplace.com which got rid of the helpful map.

I was in PPlace last night and didn't notice any closed stores near the middle of the first floor. Where's the Sharper Image? I can't picture it and they did a horrible redesing to providenceplace.com which got rid of the helpful map.

i'm pretty sure it's on the nordstrom end of the mall (stateside) on the side that overlooks the city. it's not far beyond origins and sort of near the sony store i think. i could be wrong.

Removing the map is both annoying and stupid.

The jewelry store that may become an Apple store is... Walking from Nordstrom on level one, on the right a bit before the winter garden.

PS: There's persistent rumours that Apple is planning a special music event for later this month. Rumour has it that Bono is teaming up with them to introduce a red iPod that will benefit AIDS charities and there's also a persistent rumour that the iPod Shuffle is going away and a 1GB Nano will replace it. Lot's of other speculation too. You might wait until March to see how/if this all pans out.

The 1 GB Nano is out (today) on Apple's online store. The shuffle stays, with price drops. After I come back from vacation next week I'm getting the 1G nano for the wifey... :thumbsup:

JJK5 - Aple stores are uber-cool. :shades: I would not be surprised if 100 people lined up when the store opens its doors. Hopefully it will be on a weekend so I can get in line too!

i was in the mall over the weekend. there's 2 stores on the first floor that are closed. one of the jewelry store, which is near (maybe next to) origins and the sharper image. the other is next to teh cityside entrance on the corner, directly across from the escalator and elevator.

however... an apple rep came to talk to us today about itunes U. he mentioned the apple store opening in the mall.... his words "it's opening up where a jewelry store was".

i think that answers it...

i was just at the mall and found the borded up store next to sharper image... so it is that one?? It's kind of narrow, slightly wider than sharper image, and I hate going to Sharper just because it is so narrow :(

I wish a bigger location was chosen. With Apple's popularity, I can see it doing just as good or even better at a Gtech retail spot (being exposed outside and still close to the mall).. or maybe even the Westin. Anyways.. it's good that they are here... the sales are going to be outstanding for sure, and maybe they'll move to a bigger location in or out of the mall in a few year?!? who knows.

i was just at the mall and found the borded up store next to sharper image... so it is that one?? It's kind of narrow, slightly wider than sharper image, and I hate going to Sharper just because it is so narrow :(

I wish a bigger location was chosen. With Apple's popularity, I can see it doing just as good or even better at a Gtech retail spot (being exposed outside and still close to the mall).. or maybe even the Westin. Anyways.. it's good that they are here... the sales are going to be outstanding for sure, and maybe they'll move to a bigger location in or out of the mall in a few year?!? who knows.

that store is narrow, but long. i don't like the setup. it won't be good for an apple store in my opinion, especially considering they'll have a tech area as well. i like the idea of them having a storefront in the gtech building... that'd be a great spot.

i also think there's an empty store/restaurant area on the ground level in front of the mall... but they probably want more attraction than being on the street there. and honestly, i don't blame them. there's not enough foot traffic in front of the mall except in the summer. and they can't make a business only 3 months out of the year.

Archived