Apple Store Fact

BBascule

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that store is narrow, but long. i don't like the setup. it won't be good for an apple store in my opinion, especially considering they'll have a tech area as well. i like the idea of them having a storefront in the gtech building... that'd be a great spot.

Hopefully it's not as sparse as this:

mini_apple_store.jpg

I just hope they open soon. I got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Between waiting for this to open hoping for a big opening day sale, and reading the endless rumours about yet another iPod upgrade, I'm paralized on spending it.

Weren't original estimates early summer? Seems if they were building one like I posted it'd take maybe a long weekend to complete.. :P

I'd hold off on buying an iPod at least until after Apple's 30th anniversary. Supposedly there's some tricks up their sleeve. (touchscreen 16:9 iPod video intrigues me)

Weren't original estimates early summer? Seems if they were building one like I posted it'd take maybe a long weekend to complete.. :P

I'd hold off on buying an iPod at least until after Apple's 30th anniversary. Supposedly there's some tricks up their sleeve. (touchscreen 16:9 iPod video intrigues me)

the apple rep that told us it's in the jewelry store also said it's opening sometime in the summer.

the store front was still the greenish wood facade that the jewelry store had when i was there last weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

New Intel Mac Mini, iPod cases, and an iPod boombox. Pretty cool but not what I was expecting.

The Mac Mini is well on the road to being a full media center however. I like it, but I don't want to early adopt it, but I'm glad it's finally out of the gate, so I can semi-early adopt soon.

The BoomBox might get me, I'm waiting for the Apple Store to come back up so I can read all the details on it.

The Mac Mini is well on the road to being a full media center however. I like it, but I don't want to early adopt it, but I'm glad it's finally out of the gate, so I can semi-early adopt soon.

The BoomBox might get me, I'm waiting for the Apple Store to come back up so I can read all the details on it.

I'm worried they'll never add PVR functionality to FrontRow because they want you to buy your TV shows from iTunes. This is what keeps me from replacing my Windows Media Center box with a slick new Mac Mini.

Cotuit... since u seem to love apple so much... do u think u can give me some insight on why this is... i tried using apple but it was difficult for me.. I think im just used to Windows... maybe u can help me out here

I thought I would have trouble adapting, since I was a heavy mouse user before I switched, I right-clicked for everything. I could have got a two-button mouse, but I never got around to it, now I'm a total keyboard shortcut person, even on my PC at work where I have a scroll mouse.

The GUI is visually stunning, which for me personally is very important. I'm endlessly trying to make my work PC more visually pleasing, I'm never able to quite make it though.

There was definately a learning curve when I switched over, but I've come to find the OSX interface much more intuitive and user friendly. There's still things that I won't know how to (or have forgotten how to) do, but I was shocked to find how helpful the Help files are in OSX. It's actually quite simple to find the answer to the question you are asking, I've never found Windows Help to be very helpful.

In general, everything just seems to behave and function better. I've spent long nights prowling the internets for help on a problem I was having with a Windows PC and going through esoteric hoops to fix a minor problem. On my Mac, any problem I run into is quickly and easily fixed because it is so quick and easy to fix things.

I thought I would have trouble adapting, since I was a heavy mouse user before I switched, I right-clicked for everything. I could have got a two-button mouse, but I never got around to it, now I'm a total keyboard shortcut person, even on my PC at work where I have a scroll mouse.

The GUI is visually stunning, which for me personally is very important. I'm endlessly trying to make my work PC more visually pleasing, I'm never able to quite make it though.

There was definately a learning curve when I switched over, but I've come to find the OSX interface much more intuitive and user friendly. There's still things that I won't know how to (or have forgotten how to) do, but I was shocked to find how helpful the Help files are in OSX. It's actually quite simple to find the answer to the question you are asking, I've never found Windows Help to be very helpful.

In general, everything just seems to behave and function better. I've spent long nights prowling the internets for help on a problem I was having with a Windows PC and going through esoteric hoops to fix a minor problem. On my Mac, any problem I run into is quickly and easily fixed because it is so quick and easy to fix things.

hmmm... maybe it's just the fact that i run a helpdesk and sort of have to find the answers easily for windows problems, but i've never had a problem with the windows help file or searching the internet for solutions. the MS office help file is even more amazing than the one for windows (and it only gets better with each new version).

you can get add-ons to make windows visually stunning (or even look like another OS). vista, which is supposed to come out later this year, is going to have 2 different interfaces. one for older PC's and one for newer ones. the one for newer ones (aero) is supposed to be pretty slick. unfortunately i can't find any screenshots of it...

you can get add-ons to make windows visually stunning (or even look like another OS). vista, which is supposed to come out later this year, is going to have 2 different interfaces. one for older PC's and one for newer ones. the one for newer ones (aero) is supposed to be pretty slick. unfortunately i can't find any screenshots of it...

I've seen Vista screenshots, I'm unimpressed. I've seen mods for Windows, even ones that can make it look like OSX, but I don't want to mod my work machine that much. I wish it looked better natively.

I've seen Vista screenshots, I'm unimpressed. I've seen mods for Windows, even ones that can make it look like OSX, but I don't want to mod my work machine that much. I wish it looked better natively.

i think it's fairly slick... if you want real eye candy, you should take a look at http://www.novell.com/linux/xglrelease/. it's pretty slick what it can do... there's some neat linux desktops

I've been wanting to switch my home PC over to Linux, but it's a low priority project at the moment.

Have a look at Ubuntu. (see my sig) It is absolutely the easiest Linux to use out there and I've used them all. I put it on an old laptop and it found everything, and even setup the old 10M wireless card in to work with my router once I typed in the key during install. It has since become my primary OS for personal use.

I had read somewhere that now that Apple is switching over to Intel chips, it might allow Apple to get out of the expensive and time consuming OS development market and just focus on hardware. Do Mac fans believe this to be true?

- Garris

Archived