Fountain Vu 5 [Under Construction]

dcluley98

50 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

The parking situation seems a little... strange. How does one park in the garage with a concrete wall blocking ingress/egress? Am I missing something?

I can't say for sure,  but it looks like two different, perpendicular walls.

A high one and a short one.

The high one (red outline) being a divider between the neighboring property, and the short one (yellow outline) being for who knows what purpose, coming off the building between the 3rd and 4th units.

fountainview.jpg

I don't think there is access from the west side of the building either.

So I can't figure out what could be going on there.

Maybe there's enough space between the high wall and the end of the short wall to drive a vehicle through.

The turning radius looks like it would be impossible for a normal sized vehicle to get in and out of the garage with a privacy wall there. I wonder if they are just storing building materials in the driveway temporarily... maybe the concrete walls will get hoisted away and installed somewhere else on premises.

Rendering did not show a privacy wall being installed there (unless plans changed). https://www.fountainvu5.com/

FountainVuBack.thumb.jpg.22ff011962aee2243286c3fca0ea2181.jpg

Edited by nite owℓ

1 hour ago, nite owℓ said:

The turning radius looks like it would be impossible for a normal sized vehicle to get in and out of the garage with a privacy wall there. I wonder if they are just storing building materials in the driveway temporarily... maybe the concrete walls will get hoisted away and installed somewhere else on premises.

Rendering did not show a privacy wall being installed there (unless plans changed). https://www.fountainvu5.com/

Rendering probably isn't 100% accurate.

From this Google Maps Street View pic, it looks like they've got in a foundation for something in there....

fountvurear.jpg

Or possibly some kind of below slab drainage culvert.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, JFW657 said:

Rendering probably isn't 100% accurate.

From this Google Maps Street View pic, it looks like they've got in a foundation for something in there....

Or possibly some kind of below slab drainage culvert.

I was curious so I went back and snapped a pic. It's a privacy wall/hardscape planter... with culvert underneath? Dunno if it's masking some sort of stormwater culvert, if so, I think they should've moved it to the perimeter of the building instead (like a stormwater rain garden).

Not a fan of the garage/driveway setup, I think I'd hate maneuvering in and out of there every day.

20220722_200951.thumb.jpg.61bc425db07aecc501392a21eac8f15b.jpg

Edited by nite owℓ

16 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

I was curious so I went back and snapped a pic. It's a privacy wall/hardscape planter... with culvert underneath? Dunno if it's masking some sort of stormwater culvert, if so, I think they should've moved it to the perimeter of the building instead (like a stormwater rain garden).

Not a fan of the garage/driveway setup, I think I'd hate maneuvering in and out of there every day.

I think the planter will certainly improve the appearance but I bet the residents would rather have the extra turning room. 

On 7/25/2022 at 6:58 AM, popsiclebrandon said:

I would assume they have underground retention pond setup going so guess they didn't have a choice? Yeah would be a big negative if I was considering one of those.

In the era of ubiquitous rear view cameras, it seems like less of a big deal. Tight for Orlando standards, but not that big of a deal in the context of urban environments elsewhere (coming from someone who has to regularly parallel park in spaces a few inches bigger than my car... )

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, uncreativeusername said:

In the era of ubiquitous rear view cameras, it seems like less of a big deal. Tight for Orlando standards, but not that big of a deal in the context of urban environments elsewhere (coming from someone who has to regularly parallel park in spaces a few inches bigger than my car... )

It’s always a frustrating adventure to watch the Suburbans in from deepest suburbia attempt to parallel park along Eola Drive. ..

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, codypet said:

Anyone notice that work on this project has stopped and the drywall is getting wet, and now falling from the rafters?

no, but I feel like something similar is happening with Society...I haven't noticed much if any movement the past two months...  materials or prefab shortages affecting both?