Sign in to follow this  
GRLaker

24-Story Tower Proposed for Fulton and Ottawa

Why not keep the 24 floors, and just make those two office floors into more residential units :dontknow: 

(I know, office rents probably pay more $ per SF than residential rents)

Edited by deja vu

16 hours ago, GRLaker said:

22 going on 12. :tw_smirk:

I think that dead horse has been properly beaten. Doubt a global pandemics and shift in office worker behaviors was part of any developers 5 year plan. 

Joe

On 2/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, egrguy said:

I dont believe in a post pandemic work at home culture. 

Well, my employer was looking to add additional office space back in March, and at this point we've already shrunk to less than what we had before the pandemic and have sold off a bunch of office furniture while also adding more employees, and some people have already moved away due to the work-from-home. So, I think it will persist. Perhaps not as strongly as it does now, but enough to affect the demand and supply by a measurable amount.

Edited by Allison Slater

I don't think the impact on the office market will be felt from permanent work-from-home (though some people/companies will do that).  I think offices will reduce space-per-person, and have people only coming in a few days per week, sharing space, etc. Plus work from home has forced people to use less paper in many cases, reducing storage/filing needs. 

Edited by Khorasaurus1