Camden Gulch/909 Division, 16 stories, 498 residential units, 7,300 sq. ft. retail space, 622 capacity internal garage, $250 million

markhollin

16 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

This sort of goes along with the rumors I was hearing that a Chicago developer was going to do a 500 foot tower in the  Gulch.

Now if this the developer and the 500 footer,  I question if they would be able to get a height variance for that site. This developer has not done a tall tower that I can see. The best I think they can get is 20 plus bonus, but dont quote me.  Metro would have to do a traffic study, but that may not matter if the can still get 574 units on the aloted 2 acres. Division street is going to be one traffic clogged street at rush hour along with everything else.

The other part of the rumor was that they would be new to Nashville and these guys are.

If we could get a 500 footer from them...and a 500 footer from Buckingham...WOW!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, e-dub said:

I'm seeing 28 units per floor?

That 3rd level floor plan shows the amenities rooms, which open out to the pool deck.  I'm pretty sure that is the only floor that would have that much space for amenities (workout room, club room, etc.). I would think all the remaining floors would be close to 40 units apiece. 

2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

That 3rd level floor plan shows the amenities rooms, which open out to the pool deck.  I'm pretty sure that is the only floor that would have that much space for amenities (workout room, club room, etc.). I would think all the remaining floors would be close to 40 units apiece. 

Ah, good point.

• Like 1

Using the module of 12'-2" a 20 story building gets to about 245'. 20 stories would also be well above the 574 units that were mentioned in Mark's original post. My guess is we will see 15 floors and a unit reduction, or approximately 17 floors and be right around the unit count that is being mentioned. Using the 12'-2" module (which could be different here due to type of construction) and yes, it would be approximately 207' tall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hate to see this go since it provides a needed service for the Gulch.  I don't think here are any other storage places in the neighborhood other than this one but I may be wrong.  I'd rather see the empty lot in between the Terrazzo and this property get developed first.  But - I don't have 25M laying around to have much say.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, musiczealot said:

I hate to see this go since it provides a needed service for the Gulch.  I don't think here are any other storage places in the neighborhood other than this one but I may be wrong.  I'd rather see the empty lot in between the Terrazzo and this property get developed first.  But - I don't have 25M laying around to have much say.

I know that there are at least two brand new ones only a few blocks away in SoBro, but I don't know about their availability. 

Edited by henburg
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 4:30 PM, e-dub said:

That storage facility isn't very old, from what I remember?

As a longtime user of A+ Storage, I can tell you it's been there since 2010.  I think it was completed when Icon and Terrazzo opened around 2009 or so.  It is a typical two-story storage building.

This building will keep the sun from shining in my bedroom window for a few hours each morning, but that is not enough for me to form a 'citizens' group to contest it or a lawsuit to block it.  I'm just grateful I don't have to drive Division Street during rush hour!  It's already much busier since the city added the bike lanes and reduced cars from four lanes to two with a middle turning lane.  Walking or riding a bike is becoming a viable alternative if you live downtown.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...