Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jb4563

Ballantyne major upscale retail

Is Ballantyne too close to Carolina Place to get its own major retail (ie Belk, Dillard's, Saks)?

It seems like that would be an ideal place to put a project similar to the Mint Hill outdoor mall in.

I don't think that Ballantyne will ever get major retail, though I know for a fact that Ballantyne Village is getting some of the more specialty retailers to move from CP to BV.

The only major retailer I could see going to Ballantyne might be Saks, but I can't think of a suitable building pad there......the neighbors would resist Belks or Dillards even if a suitable site was found.

^^^ I couldnt disaggree more, I think the exact opposite. I mean it was only a year or so ago that they got the hollister stores, and abercrombie stores. I would say that it might need a renovation in the next few years, but the stores it offers are much better than just a few years ago, and when it first opened. It my opinion it is taking over the mid range mall catagory, ever since Southpark went uber fancy.

Well, I typically shop at SP over CP, but CP caters to many South Carolinians who like to come north to shop at the Meck malls, half the plates I see there are usually from SC. So I don't really see its decline in the future, it will need some refurbishing down the road though.

Well, I typically shop at SP over CP, but CP caters to many South Carolinians who like to come north to shop at the Meck malls, half the plates I see there are usually from SC.  So I don't really see its decline in the future, it will need some refurbishing down the road though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's true... It's sooo much better than Rock Hill Galleria so a lot of SC people come there. With that outdoor addtion being built you know the mall is still thriving.