Ballantyne major upscale retail

jb4563

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that Ballantyne will ever get major retail, though I know for a fact that Ballantyne Village is getting some of the more specialty retailers to move from CP to BV.

The only major retailer I could see going to Ballantyne might be Saks, but I can't think of a suitable building pad there......the neighbors would resist Belks or Dillards even if a suitable site was found.

^^^ I couldnt disaggree more, I think the exact opposite. I mean it was only a year or so ago that they got the hollister stores, and abercrombie stores. I would say that it might need a renovation in the next few years, but the stores it offers are much better than just a few years ago, and when it first opened. It my opinion it is taking over the mid range mall catagory, ever since Southpark went uber fancy.

Well, I typically shop at SP over CP, but CP caters to many South Carolinians who like to come north to shop at the Meck malls, half the plates I see there are usually from SC. So I don't really see its decline in the future, it will need some refurbishing down the road though.

Well, I typically shop at SP over CP, but CP caters to many South Carolinians who like to come north to shop at the Meck malls, half the plates I see there are usually from SC.  So I don't really see its decline in the future, it will need some refurbishing down the road though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's true... It's sooo much better than Rock Hill Galleria so a lot of SC people come there. With that outdoor addtion being built you know the mall is still thriving.

Archived