Snuff District in Uptown — $200 million mixed-use development

VSRJ

29 minutes ago, TheKernel91 said:

That's good to hear. I thought about sending available properties to some companies that aren't in Memphis yet with the area market. It could possibly give them the idea to look at our metro.

I'm already in Real Estate and have thought about playing a role in development in some way after watching developments for years now. 

I believe we do have some watching. There's more spectators that actually watch, but never post. 👀 *Hey you guys

With your interest and knowledge, I think it would be great if you did get into development.  Even starting out small.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MDC26 said:

With your interest and knowledge, I think it would be great if you did get into development.  Even starting out small.

I have it on the table of things to do in my career at some point. I would love to be the "brains" or storm up ideas for someone at this point and allow them to get the money and approvals in motion. Like all of us on here, we have some good ideas we would love to see for our city if it makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheKernel91 said:

I have it on the table of things to do in my career at some point. I would love to be the "brains" or storm up ideas for someone at this point and allow them to get the money and approvals in motion. Like all of us on here, we have some good ideas we would love to see for our city if it makes sense.

One thing to look for soon is a consensus statement coming out soon from Downtown Merchants association asking for the soccer stadium to be built downtown. This is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheKernel91 said:

I hope it works out for you. Please, whatever you do, let's try to get a high rise built in front of Court Square, next to 44 N. Second! I tried to find the owners of the property and they don't have an e-mail address or phone # (they're based in TX). 

Does anyone remember the plan back in 2001 to illuminate downtown Memphis' buildings? It fell through. Per the DMC, it'd be too expensive to implement today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Memphisborn said:

One thing to look for soon is a consensus statement coming out soon from Downtown Merchants association asking for the soccer stadium to be built downtown. This is a step in the right direction. 

Fingers crossed that they're able to get this done.

2 hours ago, The Guardian of Memphis said:

I hope it works out for you. Please, whatever you do, let's try to get a high rise built in front of Court Square, next to 44 N. Second! I tried to find the owners of the property and they don't have an e-mail address or phone # (they're based in TX). 

Does anyone remember the plan back in 2001 to illuminate downtown Memphis' buildings? It fell through. Per the DMC, it'd be too expensive to implement today. 

Much like with the Mighty Lights for both the I-40 and Harahan bridges, doing something like "Light It Up Memphis" would have to have been done piecemeal and with some private investment involved.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, James Owen said:

Much like with the Mighty Lights for both the I-40 and Harahan bridges, doing something like "Light It Up Memphis" would have to have been done piecemeal and with some private investment involved.

You even remembered the title. 👍

Yeah, a bold endeavor. Just didn't like the idea of illuminating everything in blue. Would've overdone it. Clark Tower has lights, NBC, 100 N. Main and Morgan Keegan all should too (1st TN gets a pass).

Edited by The Guardian of Memphis
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 5:48 PM, Memphisborn said:

Yeah that is. They have a case too. Soccer is still active during the summer months basketball is inactive. So that crowd that comes during the week and the weekend is needed for them.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 8:12 PM, The Guardian of Memphis said:

I remember someone had a plan for it too.  I'll look up the owner a little bit. Wouldn't mind reaching out to see if they're holding out for a developer or plans. It's not for sale I believe either.

3 hours ago, TheKernel91 said:

I remember someone had a plan for it too.  I'll look up the owner a little bit. Wouldn't mind reaching out to see if they're holding out for a developer or plans. It's not for sale I believe either.

https://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2012/nov/28/demo-first-step-for-downtown-project/

https://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2013/jan/10/garage-demolition-site-locale-of-notorious-war-prison/

• 3 months later...