10th & Lea, 1 or 2 towers, 350,000 sq. ft. office, 400 residential units

markhollin

Sorry for being so late to the conversation… this rendering jogs a memory (obviously from when someone posted a few months back), but I’m quite sure I dismissed it as an unlikely proposal. I’ll go back through this thread to bring myself up to date…. But is this height likely … even if just better than 50/50? And did I see recently that this has gone all the way through planning approval? I guess that’s why I didn’t give this much hope of getting built.. because I hadn’t heard anything else? Is that rendering for 48 floors?

Edited by MLBrumby

13 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

WW is not going to do the story at this time, however the rendering below was done by KEY in order to generate interest in the property. So, we know where this rendering came from, I found about 5 months ago.

There will be a story coming at some point. Project is in design according to a source.

10TH & LEA.png

So you’re saying this will NOT be what the building will look like (unless the developer just somehow decides to build what the property owner designed)?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I do not think this is the project that will go there but I think it will be two buildings.

That’s a shame, we get teased with a rendering like that. Then in reality they build a 10 story stucco clad , multi color post war barracks… oh wait , we already have .. never mind :tw_dissapointed_relieved:

although a beautiful building as in that rendering would look really good on the parking lot in front of the Hyatt Centric. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Talking about price and ROI, there is some news WW & I can share regarding the Carrel lot behind Hume Fogg at the next meet. Needless to say, when you pay top dollar for land you have to put a lot on it to get your money's worth. Thats all I will say right now. The price of land the closer you get to the core is just going to higher.....................a lot higher! 

Giddy with anticipation!

• Like 1

The $45 million sale works out to $20.8 million per acre and $478 per sq. ft., which are two of the higher marks for such a transaction in downtown Nashville.

According to a source, design is underway for a future development on the site, likely with a residential focus. 

The 2 story, 33,200 sq. ft. Brandau-Craig-Dickerson Building (circa 1926) at 300 10th Ave. South will most likely be razed to make way for this project, which is sad.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/sobro-property-sells-for-45m/article_9787406e-ac5b-11ec-b6b6-0fc7fb9803c3.html

300 10th Ave South, Brandau-Craig-dickerson Building, march, 2022, site.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

5 hours ago, Brichar4 said:

I feel something like this that they are doing in Toronto could be really cool, not necessarily the tower design but the base floors how they kept and incorporated the original structures at street level. 

BEFDE404-F6EF-4371-94F0-138EBD96B205.jpeg

Perhaps I could see your point if the current structure had  as much charm as the one in the rendering or existed in some historical context with the neighborhood.  But it is arelatively nondescript building that has always had difficulty keeping tenants.   One of the problems with it has always been wheelchair accessibility which the one in your rendering has no difficulty.  No, I think it is time fore this one to be razed.  While the Cannery nearby is not being  lost,  this  whole  area is definitely going to be a  massive block of towers both with the "Distric" towers and the big vacant surface parking lots adjacent.  Reserve saving isolated buildings like this for places wher there is a fabric of historical context remaining.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Perhaps I could see your point if the current structure had  as much charm as the one in the rendering or existed in some historical context with the neighborhood.  But it is arelatively nondescript building that has always had difficulty keeping tenants.   One of the problems with it has always been wheelchair accessibility which the one in your rendering has no difficulty.  No, I think it is time fore this one to be razed.  While the Cannery nearby is not being  lost,  this  whole  area is definitely going to be a  massive block of towers both with the "Distric" towers and the big vacant surface parking lots adjacent.  Reserve saving isolated buildings like this for places wher there is a fabric of historical context remaining.

I was referring mostly toward the comments of Nashville in general and thought would be cool maybe not this specific project (due several things you mentioned) but others around the city with more historical significance to your point. Could be a awesome way to encourage growth on some historical properties or interesting older architecture. Of course not referring to the ones with major historical significance haha 

• Like 1