Capital Plaza Three | 15-Story Office [Proposed]

Jvest55

According to BizJournals, "Highwoods has dusted off plans for its 15-story Capital Plaza Three project at 270 E. Pine St., which originally was proposed around 2006."

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/02/11/2-proposed-downtown-towers-seek-record-setting.html

This project would rent for $40 sq. ft. (office space) 

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 3.29.42 PM.png

• Like 2

More info and photos attached from this URL. Some of the info is not consistent, such as the renderings and story height. Can't find a rendering of what it looks like from behind.

http://www.showcase.com/property/270-E-Pine-Street/Orlando/Florida/380689

https://www.highwoods.com/find-your-space/detail/72/capital-plaza-three-prelease

Capital Plaza Three offers an outstanding Class A professional office location in downtown Orlando. The 14-story building will consist of approximately 200,000 square feet with structured parking on floors one through seven of the building. Large efficent floor-plates, exceptional lobby and common area finishes, free WiFi, connected 7 level parking structure underneath the building. Full service bank, ATM, high-end restaurant, deli, and fitness center in adjacent Capital Plaza buildings. When completed, the project will contain Capital Plaza Three and a 150-room hotel.

image-5.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

image.bmp

• Like 2

Combine the Capital Plaza with CSP 1 and 2 and The Magic S+ED and that is a huge forward step for downtown. The condo/apartment craze brought residents. The office tower and hotel developments bring a whole new and (at this time) desirable element to the picture. Orlando has needed someone to push the "class A" space definition to a higher level. I hope these 3 projects do that.

Btw, if you look at @Jvest55 rendition above that includes the lake... I've heard rumor OC may be considering a 2nd building on their back lots. That would fill that space pretty nicely and would, hopefully, promote more amenities in that area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Uncommon said:

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Agreed. CSP is there and I think CSP 2 will happen as long as they move forward in the next few months. And I'm a believer in S+ED just because it makes more sense then any other development in town. Highwoods seems to be somewhat of a promotional gimmick at the time, but I'd love to be wrong. OC building... not so much.

It’s unusual for us not to have replaced a government building around the 30-35 year mark. The OC Administration Center is coming up on 40.

Of course, using the old CNL offices on South St took care of much of the growth in headcount and allowed the Republicans the illusion they were being frugal in their tiny little brick bunker.

Also, several chunks of county government have left downtown over the last 40 years as well. 

Still, as OC moves into being the dynamic center of local government for the first time, acknowledging that with a new building would be appropriate (no doubt, the OCAC is a wee bit obsolete at this point).

Otoh, the county’s parking areas are preserving a lot of downtown’s tree cover and I hope Super Arbor Man will do his best to keep those intact.

Edited by spenser1058

12 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

It’s unusual for us not to have replaced a government building around the 30-35 year mark. The OC Administration Center is coming up on 40.

Of course, using the old CNL offices on South St took care of much of the growth in headcount and allowed the Republicans the illusion they were being frugal in their tiny little brick bunker.

Also, several chunks of county government have left downtown over the last 40 years as well. 

Still, as OC moves into being the dynamic center of local government for the first time, acknowledging that with a new building would be appropriate (no doubt, the OCAC is a wee bit obsolete at this point).

Otoh, the county’s parking areas are preserving a lot of downtown’s tree cover and I hope Super Arbor Man will do his best to keep those intact.

Absolutely agree with all of that, but the trees may be safe. I believe the lot they mentioned to me was the large surface lot in front of Lutheran Towers- bordered by Liberty and Lake and Jackson to the south. OC owns that lot as well. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 4:30 PM, Jvest55 said:

Never really hard of an office building, hotel and condo building all in one. Where does that exist? 

Water Tower Place, Chicago:

Ritz Carlton, condo, office, retail mall (Macy's), cinema, theatre

900 North Michigan Ave., Chicago

Four Seasons, condos, retail mall (Bloomie's)

Canal Place, NOLA

(see Water Tower Place (sans theatre)

yes, I know...I impress even myself sometimes...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Water Tower Place, Chicago:

Ritz Carlton, condo, office, retail mall (Macy's), cinema, theatre

900 North Michigan Ave., Chicago

Four Seasons, condos, retail mall (Bloomie's)

Canal Place, NOLA

(see Water Tower Place (sans theatre)

yes, I know...I impress even myself sometimes...

But a REAL Chicagoland true believer will refuse to call it Macy’s. Marshall Field, forever!

”Give the lady what she wants”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hah. Thanks. It's an interesting mix. Not sure i'd want to buy into a condo where there's a bunch of hotel guests though. In Miami, there is a hotel (forgot the name) where it doubled as a condo. So just hotel on one side, and condo on the other side. One day, the hotel pool was cold and they let people into the condo pool which was warm. Just one example of this criss-cross happening which would annoy the heck out of me. Then if you throw retail in the mix, now you got a loud restaurant under you. The only thing this benefits is the developer to convince either investors or the bank for the financing.. 

1 hour ago, ChiDev said:

^^ This guy knows.

source.gif

Image result for chicago hot dog

"Wrong glass...SIR!"

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

But a REAL Chicagoland true believer will refuse to call it Macy’s. Marshall Field, forever!

”Give the lady what she wants”

Chicagoans hate two things:  Macy's takeover of Marshall Field's, and... the "T-R-U-M-P" on Trump Tpwer. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

"Wrong glass...SIR!"

Chicagoans hate two things:  Macy's takeover of Marshall Field's, and... the "T-R-U-M-P" on Trump Tpwer. 

That’s ok - Pete’s from just 95 miles down the road. Chasten got his master’s from DePaul and was a substitute in Chicago Public Schools. As soon as Pete’s elected, the Second City can forget all about The Donald!

22 hours ago, Naqiy90 said:

No opinions on the building itself but developing surface parking lots is always a win in my build. Hope to see the day Downtown has no Surface parking lots at all.

Agreed! Orlando is doing pretty well in regard to eliminating surface lots in comparison to most other Florida downtowns.

• Like 3