Holiday Inn Express Hotel (333 Union St., 11 stories plus rooftop bar level, 116 rooms)

markhollin

20 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I'm guessing that the original Nov. 1, 2021, opening date is out of the question now? I drive by this location about once a week -- I rarely see anybody on-site, and progress seems to be painfully slow.

Either they are purposefully "slow-walking" the construction because they think hotel demand is 2 years away from returning, or they ran into some funding issues.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Work has stopped entirely. This one has stalled.

Interesting!  Thanks for sharing this news...  It seems like we might be somewhat distant from a return to the levels of demand we saw pre-pandemic.   I can't wait to see what this summer is like... I'm sure all hotels are hoping for a major rebound.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2021 at 10:08 AM, rolly said:

With housing demand so strong, I wonder why the 18-story apartments next to the Grand Hyatt haven't been started. Maybe they are waiting for other parts of that project to get going.  But it seems like a lost opportunity.

I'm not sure strong housing demand always turns into strong rental demand.  A lot of buyers want to own the real-estate so they can participate in this price appreciation we are seeing.  That's why we need more condos downtown.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

William Williams at The Nashville Post did an update on the lack of activity on this project over the past 1.5 years.  Essentially, and sadly, there is nothing new to report.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/status-of-long-stalled-hotel-project-remains-unclear/article_98ad0530-bf59-11ec-94c6-a73d9a61e797.html

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 8.18.38 AM.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

• 1 year later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Holiday Inn Express Hotel (333 Union St., 11 stories plus rooftop bar level, 116 rooms)