Green Roofs

GRGridGirl

WZZM 13 had a science clip about green roofs in Michigan.

Check it out at:

http://www.wzzm13.com/clix/videoclixdefaul...&articleid=5695

Awesome view of the corner of Wealthy Street and Diamond Avenue.

I'm new to this group. I've followed along your posts over the past year. I live in Uptown, by the Farmers Market and work in the area. Its nice to be able to walk to work!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm new to this group. I've followed along your posts over the past year. I live in Uptown, by the Farmers Market and work in the area. Its nice to be able to walk to work! "

^That makes me wonder how many people in the GR area are forum watchers... OH, welcome to the forum GRGridGirl

Check it out at:

I'm new to this group.  I've followed along your posts over the past year.  I live in Uptown, by the Farmers Market and work in the area.  Its nice to be able to walk to work!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Our new project, Uptown Village is scheduled to receive a green roof. In fact we hope to build the entire project using LEED certification. We hope to hear confirmation of our tax credit reservation any day now. As soon as we hear I will post. If we get our reservation in the next couple of weeks we hope to break ground in October.

Welcome GRGridGirl! Thanks for posting. It is great to see so much LEED development taking place in Grand Rapids / West Michigan.

Joe

Check it out at:

I'm new to this group.  I've followed along your posts over the past year.  I live in Uptown, by the Farmers Market and work in the area.  Its nice to be able to walk to work!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe so, but I cannot confirm.

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as "Green Cities" we're not in the top 10 according to the "Green Guide", but as to how many LEED certified builidings we have, I can't find a report.

As far as LEED certification, I can tell you from working in the office interiors business that there has been a huge push by my company to help other corporations think green, and build green. As a matter of fact, we're redoing our entire office building (30+ million dollar renovation), and it has been desinged (Eva Maddox, Perkins+Will) to be Green and LEED certified.

Here's more on that whole project. It's a sweet looking design (no pics avail to the public yet).

I was watching WOODTV when they had this piece on Green development, the did mention that we were at the top of this kind of development... I really want to know their source.

Oh, the hospital on Gezon is the first hospital in the nation to have Green status...

As far as "Green Cities" we're not in the top 10 according to the "Green Guide", but as to how many LEED certified builidings we have, I can't find a report.

As far as LEED certification, I can tell you from working in the office interiors business that there has been a huge push by my company to help other corporations think green, and build green.  As a matter of fact, we're redoing our entire office building (30+ million dollar renovation), and it has been desinged (Eva Maddox, Perkins+Will) to be Green and LEED certified.

Here's more on that whole project.  It's a sweet looking design (no pics avail to the public yet).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean this ;)

Haworth.jpg

I was watching WOODTV when they had this piece on Green development, the did mention that we were at the top of this kind of development... I really want to know their source.

Oh, the hospital on Gezon is the first hospital in the nation to have Green status...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I looked everywhere, but could not find where they were getting this from. Maybe they are misinterpreting this article:

Grand Rapids Earns State's First LEED

You mean this ;)

Haworth.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL.. yeah that's one of em. I couldn't find it anywhere but our intranet, and if anyone has ever been to our current building, that is a MUCH better looking facade than what we have now, which in my opinion isn't pretty. Anyways, it's going to be exceed the LEED Gold certification standard. I've seen various "concept" renderings and they're awesome.

Haworth, Herman Miller and Steelcase have been good stewards of the whole green movement. It is good to have progressive thinking companies.

I also like what they did to Ford's Rouge River plant in Detroit (it was on the TV clip). I'm sure it wasn't cheap, but it is very commendable. Now if they'll just improve their fuel efficiency that would do 1 million times what the rouge river plant does for the environment. :)

Joe

LOL.. yeah that's one of em.  I couldn't find it anywhere but our intranet, and if anyone has ever been to our current building, that is a MUCH better looking facade than what we have now, which in my opinion isn't pretty.  Anyways, it's going to be exceed the LEED Gold certification standard.  I've seen various "concept" renderings and they're awesome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived