Reed District: 8 towers ranging from 8 to 44 stories (500'?), 1.5 million sq. ft. office space; 1,000 residential units; 150K sq. ft. retail space; 250 room hotel on 12 acres at NE corner of Broadway and 16th Ave. North

markhollin

17 minutes ago, TheSound said:

Not that the rendering necessarily means much, but I'd say the tallest tower is shown as being a good 500 feet tall, considering the lower elevation that it sits at compared to Broadwest.  If it's 44 floors (as Mark counted), it should easily be 500, minimum.

If residential, then about 80'-100' taller than the Conrad. 

• Like 1

• markhollin changed the title to Reed District: 8 towers ranging from 8 to 44 stories (500'?), 1.5 million sq. ft. office space; 1,000 residential units; 150K sq. ft. retail space; 250 room hotel on 12 acres at NE corner of Broadway and 16th Ave. North
23 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Hine is one of the best developers of office tower in the country.  Look at their new Texas Tower in downtown Houston.  They are first class for sure.

Welcome to Texas Tower, an Evolution of the Office Experience.  and this is being built in a city with one of the highest vacancies in office space.  But there is a flight to quality buildings that are new and lots of amenities.  

Barings the money behind this is based in Charlotte and they have their own development firm Spectrum Properties which co-developed Fifth and Broadway.  

They did a great job at Fifth and Broadway

• Like 4

I think we are more than likely looking at expansions right now, although there could be some  weird exceptions to this. I can't say much right now as I have heard some rumors that are sort of relo/expansion. It's hard to explain. 

Another could be expansion.

Also with Amazon and Oracle locating here, there will be a lot of companies expanding to be close to their offices. Some of these may have nothing to do with Amazon or Oracle!

• Like 2