Reed District: 8 towers ranging from 8 to 44 stories (500'?), 1.5 million sq. ft. office space; 1,000 residential units; 150K sq. ft. retail space; 250 room hotel on 12 acres at NE corner of Broadway and 16th Ave. North

markhollin

On 11/7/2021 at 6:12 AM, markhollin said:

The Reed District as it looks now from the ONE22ONE tower (courtesy of Martin B. Cherry of NBJ):

Reed Disctrict, Nov 1, 2021, aerial.png

Looking at this photo, it's as if the existing Midtown developments in the background is saying empower us, Reed District!!!!  Connect us to the Gulch and downtown!!!

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Love to see it. In my opinion Nashville’s #1 priority during this boom should be encouraging more downtown green space. Many parts of town now feel like concrete slabs. The new park in the Gulch is a good example of a massive green space improvement.

...then #2 (IMO) should be traffic infrastructure (extensive widening of roads) and/or mass transit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When all is said and done, how much of that “block" (Broadway to Church…15th to 14th) will / could be owned by Hines?

reed.jpg

Oops…realize I left out the majority of the land…it actually goes from 14th to 16th…right?  Sorry about that. :-)

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, TheSound said:

Hard to say but I sure hope that they're in talks to get the White Castle property.  It's not officially in their current plans, but I'm sure they would like to have it.

Noooooooo!!!  That White Castle's is an institution for that corner.  LOL!!!

I know I'll be in the minority on this, but I actually won't mind if the White Castle remains.  There needs to be at least one cheap eats, gut busting fast food spot in the area.  That being said, I won't be upset either if it goes away.  It would be cool to have some type of 24 hour spot within that area, right off the interstate.  Kind of like The Varsity in Atlanta.  Hey, Whataburger... here's your chance to have a downtown/mid-town presence... I can see a big image.jpeg.1985850dea7692e2240724a5a5b5b6c4.jpeg gleaming off of I-40 already... :rofl:

• Like 2