Economic Conditions - Nashville, TN, U.S., Global

Mr_Bond

4 hours ago, nativenashville said:

I wish you all the best out there. But the insane approach of letting infected people stay in HIGHLY DENSE residential environments is downright deplorable, you are directly supporting the deaths of your fellow Americans.

Shame on all of you.

Viruses can't travel through walls bud, otherwise, everyone in every multi-unit residential building would be sick, like, all the time.  You're fine.  Try to get ahold of yourself.  

Edited by BnaBreaker

Well this is not communists China and we dont have quarantine hospitals. There is no public health law, no state law, no federal law allowing for what you want to do. 

They are doing what they have been told to do. You cant change that. You cant have them evicted. The building owners cannot have them evicted by law. You have no legal recourse, you dont know who they are and there is no way to find out because they are protected by the law.

Put yourself in their shoes. Would you leave? Suppose they have no family here, few friends because they just moved here.

2 hours ago, DDIG said:

People holding a bunch of mortgages for Airbnb purposes are screwwwwwwed.

We'll get to see who was over leveraged.

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Could free up some housing downtown if this keeps going much longer. 

I wonder if people that have been searching for LTRs will be able to jump at this time or if it's too wild right now.

Watch us get  a bunch of STRs freed up but no LTRers are able to take advantage.  Oof

15 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Omni, Nashville's largest downtown hotel, is closing on Sunday and won't reopen until June 1st.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/03/27/downtowns-largest-hotel-closes-sunday-until-june.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

That doesn't sound good, but with every meeting and convention planned, well into May, being cancelled this isn't a big surprise. They can always reverse if things improve.

Some serious talks must be going on regard CMA Fest, June 4-7. I can see businesses wanting to have it, but the idea of thousands of tourists coming to town has to terrify the medical community. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3

Is it just me or does the state of Tennessee seem to be purposely under reporting the number of virus cases? Davidson count is at 260 (for today) on the state site, while Davidson itself is reporting 394. The state numbers did change from Saturday, but by like 25 new cases. I’m surprised the Tennessean can’t do the math and isn’t reporting anything. Maybe I’m missing something.

NewsChannel 5 seems to be reporting more accurate numbers based on their own reporting and not relying on the state.

Edited by Nash_12South

17 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

Is it just me or does the state of Tennessee seem to be purposely under reporting the number of virus cases? Davidson count is at 260 (for today) on the state site, while Davidson itself is reporting 394. The state numbers did change from Saturday, but by like 25 new cases. I’m surprised the Tennessean can’t do the math and isn’t reporting anything. Maybe I’m missing something.

NewsChannel 5 seems to be reporting more accurate numbers based on their own reporting and not relying on the state.

Tennessee Department of Health reports confirmed numbers daily at 2:00 pm; there is a lag, and it appears that local news outlets have more real time numbers that may not be fully vetted.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Coronavirus Testing Stations being set up around town.  Unfortunately, as i understood it from a few days ago, they are not operable yet due to certain materials not being available yet.

Nissan Stadium:

Covid 19 testing station at Nissan Stadium.png

Antioch:

Covid 19 testing station in Antioch.png

Murfreesboro Rd:

Covid 19 testing station on Murfreesboro Rd.png

Two of these opened today, the one at Nissan stadium, and the other at Meharry. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wkrn.com/community/health/coronavirus/covid-19-assessment-centers-open-across-nashville/amp/

• Like 1

If you go to the Johns Hopkins coronavirus website and click on the name of countries in the left column, the graph of their confirmed cases shows up in the lower right hand corner.  For the countries who are quite open about the number of cases, the graphs look very similar and could be used as standard to apply to all countries.  When I look at Iran's graph, it is quite clear that the data is being manipulated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Bond said:

If you go to the Johns Hopkins coronavirus website and click on the name of countries in the left column, the graph of their confirmed cases shows up in the lower right hand corner.  For the countries who are quite open about the number of cases, the graphs look very similar and could be used as standard to apply to all countries.  When I look at Iran's graph, it is quite clear that the data is being manipulated.

Iran might also have greater issues with access to testing than most other countries.