Economic Conditions - Nashville, TN, U.S., Global

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They called my uncle into the hospital yesterday to say goodbye to my 58 year old aunt (my mother’s little sister).  She’s been on a vent for a week and they had to resuscitate her 5 times yesterday.

I am mostly a lurker now that I have switched jobs and I am WFH 100% of the time now... but I used to walk around downtown and take pics.  I always love coming to this board.  I hit this site many tim

Instead of everyone being in total "fear" mode and panicking if their next door neighbor in their building has the virus...maybe it would be best if everyone banded together and made sure they provide

Posted Images

1 hour ago, samsonh said:

Unfortunately this fiasco has cost the taxpayers a couple hundred thousand dollars, and could have been easily avoided by having competent members on the election commission.

How ironic that in the end all the supposed "anti-tax" group accomplished was to cost the tax payers money.  

I'm relieved to hear that the judge sided with Metro Government this time.  But what's to stop this group from just doing this again?

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, BnaBreaker said:

How ironic that all the supposed "anti-tax" group did was cost the tax payers money.  

I'm relieved to hear that the judge sided with Metro Government this time.  But what's to stop this group from just doing this again?

Eventually whomever is behind this will stop throwing good money after bad. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Eventually whomever is behind this will stop throwing good money after bad. 

I think the people behind it were just a bunch of Davidson county residents who didn't want to pay higher taxes.  But you are right about their efforts being misguided... They should have put that effort and money towards moving to Williamson county.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Election Commission votes to appeal Judge Perkins’ ruling on 4GoodGovernment’s petition. Jim Delanis really needs to be relieved of duties on the commission. 

What an absolute clown show. 

Edit: It’s even worse: https://twitter.com/tnnaterau/status/1408517865649717260?s=21

C49CAC34-7377-4629-885C-1D72558AA814.thumb.jpeg.5e49c310e40e0e37dc5db9344f2d31f2.jpeg

So Delanis fires Bill Koch because he feels that Koch was adversarial to the petitioners, and hires Blumstein, who helped Roberts with his second petition. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, downtownresident said:

What an absolute clown show. 

Edit: It’s even worse: https://twitter.com/tnnaterau/status/1408517865649717260?s=21

C49CAC34-7377-4629-885C-1D72558AA814.thumb.jpeg.5e49c310e40e0e37dc5db9344f2d31f2.jpeg

So Delanis fires Bill Koch because he feels that Koch was adversarial to the petitioners, and hires Blumstein, who helped Roberts with his second petition. 

Yeah this whole thing is quite corrupt. They also drafted a press release before the original vote. Following this clown show on Twitter is informative. I cannot believe how inept DeLanis and the attorneys he has hired are. He and the entire GOP side of the election commission should resign out of shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/10/2021 at 9:57 PM, samsonh said:

Sadly these same people are determining the path of the state, and they are handicapping Nashville despite the fact that Nashville taxes really help the state. Very short sighted. Nothing new, but still bizarre to watch in action.

And to no surprise the DCEC lost their appeal to have the TN Supreme Court take jurisdiction of the case. Sadly this means even more taxpayer money spent on a losing case.

41 minutes ago, samsonh said:

And to no surprise the DCEC lost their appeal to have the TN Supreme Court take jurisdiction of the case. Sadly this means even more taxpayer money spent on a losing case.

Idiots!

1 hour ago, samsonh said:

But if they appeal to lower court, won’t the DCEC have to pick a date for a referendum that is outside the max 85 day notice period? 

3 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

But if they appeal to lower court, won’t the DCEC have to pick a date for a referendum that is outside the max 85 day notice period? 

Yes I believe so, at least that’s what I’ve read. So Supreme Court basically told them to kick rocks.