Economic Conditions - Nashville, TN, U.S., Global

Mr_Bond

34 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

More on this as WTVF said this appeal has to go through the regular appeals process to be heard so it may not be over.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/tenn-supreme-court-denies-davidson-co-election-commisison-appeal-request

That’s what we were referencing earlier. It has to lose over and over again through the normal process. But this pushes back any possibly referendum. 

• Sad 1

On 7/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, samsonh said:

That’s what we were referencing earlier. It has to lose over and over again through the normal process. But this pushes back any possibly referendum. 

Another loss today, and more legal fees pile up for the Davidson County taxpayer. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, samsonh said:

Another loss today, and more legal fees pile up for the Davidson County taxpayer. 

The Save Nashville Now campaign filed suit against the Davidson County Election commission, alleging that the action of resetting the date to September 25th was illegal. More from Tennessee Lookout, here: https://tennesseelookout.com/briefs/save-nashville-now-sues-davidson-county-election-commission/

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is so sad and frustrating....

Covid-19 update: new cases, hospitalizations in Tennessee on steep trajectory. Facing severe staffing shortages, some hospitals already overwhelmed.   I fear we are heading into a bad next couple of months.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health_care/covid-19-update-new-cases-hospitalizations-on-steep-upward-trajectory/article_9350c9fa-f457-11eb-a64d-f7e4004f6b1b.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Vanderbilt Univ. Medical Center to postpone surgeries due to Covid-19 Delta variant  surge.

“It is very clear that the delta variant is spreading more aggressively than the original strain,” says Set Karp, chair of the surgical sciences department at VUMC.

Unlike last year, when the majority of VUMC’s COVID patients were elderly, now they are of all ages. The overall severity of their illness has increased, causing longer lengths of stay and more frequent use of ventilators. Karp said if the delta variant continues to spread at its current rate, in two weeks, VUMC hospitals will have no choice but to postpone surgeries, moves that would cause significant harm and risks to patients.

Karp says what is a choice is getting the vaccine.

“This pandemic is a choice right now. Nearly all of the patients we are treating right now for COVID-19 have not been vaccinated. People who have been vaccinated are not being hospitalized,” he said.

Karp said Gov. Bill Lee should implement a statewide mask mandate to help control the spread of the delta variant and he believes that if everyone who could receive a vaccine did, the pandemic would be over in a month. Based on current hospitalization trends, hospitals' general capacities would be stretched even for people who get in a car accident or have a heart attack.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health_care/vumc-to-postpone-surgeries-due-to-delta-surge/article_0061682a-f614-11eb-878b-8733d3c1141c.html

• Sad 4

It’s been really bad in my home state of Arkansas for the past month.  Almost all hospitals are full and they’re actually having to send some patients to hospitals in nearby states.  My 58 year old aunt, who did not get the vaccination, is on a ventilator now.  A friend’s 31 year old sister was just picked up by an ambulance yesterday because she couldn’t breathe.  Hearing more and more about Children’s Hospital in Little Rock being full of those 18 and under.  Sad stuff.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

I was on the fence about getting it in late spring because we looked to be doing so well…but once the Delta variant starting hitting the US and I heard the patients in hospitals were almost all unvaccinated, I went and got mine.  Still have two brothers who refuse to get it (and they are both on different sides of the political spectrum).

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Unfortunately I know a bunch of people I use to be very close to that  now think the vaccine is the mark of the beast, population control, and still think that the virus is a democratic plan to wipe out the republicans. Sorry the leaders of the democratic or the republicans are not smart enough to figure how to do this without killing themselves. These folks are very strong Christians that now there is no talking any sense into then because they are all now so blinded by their hate and have been poisoned by the conspiracies that are floating around.

I truly hurt for so many of these people because many of them I love dearly and I can’t save them from themselves. The reality is they truly believe everything they hear and spread the untruths to anyone that they can get to listen and put their lives in danger. You can show them the information in black and white and they say it is lies and the government is lying and the news media is lying and all these folks are actors.

I guess it has to hit them and their children unfortunately before they believe and many times that still will not do the job.

This is not a political or a religious post this is just a post to pray for, or send positive energy or whatever your belief system is to people everywhere to please get some common sense, wake up, and open their eyes and use the brains they have before its too late.

Sadly I’ve heard of multiple area pastors urging their congregation to not get vaccinated. Congregations tend to be older so that’s a very dangerous message. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sadly…we even have some doctors and nurses who won’t get the vaccine, unless they’re made to get from their employers.  Hopefully they’ll all change their minds after seeing what is going on.  And yes…I have a lot of conservative friends on Facebook who refuse to get it and I’ve always, since the beginning, tried to talk sense to them…but they’re so wrapped up in the political BS that they won’t stop to think.  Even my brothers have an aunt that is on life support because she didn’t take the vaccine…and that doesn’t move them to get it.  It’s crazy.

LaunchTN officials announced Monday that 3686 Festival — which draws startup founders, investors and others in Nashville — has been canceled due to “COVID-19 developments and thoughtful deliberation.”

The three day, multi-venue, indoor event was originally scheduled for September 21-23.

In a note to attendees, event organizers said, “We look forward to connecting again in person in 2022."

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/entrepreneurs/conference-scrapped-due-to-rising-covid-concerns/article_5132d242-f944-11eb-a77e-bb61e8d2420f.html

• Sad 1

On 8/4/2021 at 10:08 AM, OnePointEast said:

My 31 year old sister is hospitalized due to COVID-19. She had been sick for a week but had been getting progressively worse. This morning an ambulance picked her up and is very ill at the E.R.

Was she vaccinated?  Asking because I am vaccinated and I want real anecdotal evidence about what my risk profile is as a vaccinated person...