Economic Conditions - Nashville, TN, U.S., Global

Mr_Bond

We will see if Pence is the answer or not. At least they didn't put someone in who doesn't believe that genders exist, or that there are more than two genders, or some other nonsense of that type. There needs to be someone in there who at least understands basic science.

Maybe Pence can keep things straight or at least straighten things out.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Edited by JoeyX
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/13/2020 at 12:55 PM, satalac said:

Lettuce.

I have heard bidet sales are really up. No TP needed!

BTW, as much as I detest Wal Mart, I went shopping at 11pm last night and prtty much had the store to myself. They were restocking, however the cleaning items,  meat, bread, taters and onions were pretty much gone. But hardly anyone buys Daves killer bread and I found that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I have heard bidet sales are really up. No TP needed!

BTW, as much as I detest Wal Mart, I went shopping at 11pm last night and prtty much had the store to myself. They were restocking, however the cleaning items,  meat, bread, taters and onions were pretty much gone. But hardly anyone buys Daves killer bread and I found that.

Dave's Killer Bread is awesome!

• Like 1

my company is going remote on monday,  with the exceptions of accounting and customer service, which both have to report on monday to work out a schedule.

we will be working from home but alternating days in the office since we have some duties that cant be performed outside.  well thats what they say.  I personally could get by with about 4 hours per week in the office. 

5 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Prayer works!  God's mercies are new every morning and He answers prayer.  I'm not trying to sidetrack the thread, just saying that Kenneth Copeland can pray for me any day.  That man knows God.

Brother Mr_Bond is the other voice in this video.  But I do have to ask, why are Brother Copeland's hands wet?

8 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Brother Mr_Bond is the other voice in this video.  But I do have to ask, why are Brother Copeland's hands wet?

He probably dipped his hand in Anointing/Healing/Prayer oil before that scene in the clip. I would give my 2 cents' of Kenneth Copeland but I fear this thread has veered off enough.

• Like 1

Liberals on Urban Planet:  My opinion of Trump is an objective fact.  LOL

Back to the subject at hand:  I think this epidemic response will change our infrastructure needs.   Many people will likely continue to work from home after this.  Maybe 20% of them.   That means the Interstates don't need to expand so much, and less parking garages in downtown.   Less emissions (cleaner air!).   More Internet bandwidth will be needed.   

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Came across a video, on twitter, of a packed Broadway bar/dance floor from last night. It’s receiving generally negative responses, most in the “stupid” and “irresponsible” veins. Search - Nashville Coronavirus on Twitter to find it.  It’s a free country, but it may illicit a harsh response from the city not wanting the negative press. Now is not the time to flout “social distancing” with the pressure on a lot of cities to crack down on even basic restaurants and stores staying open....

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

Let's stick to the topic at hand.   But let's not claim political opinions are 'objective facts'.   

Will demand for office space go down if more employees work from home?  Could that also depress hotel demand?  That could be a response to a pandemic like this.   

22 minutes ago, rolly said:

Let's stick to the topic at hand.   But let's not claim political opinions are 'objective facts'.   

Will demand for office space go down if more employees work from home?  Could that also depress hotel demand?  That could be a response to a pandemic like this.   

If you'd wanted to stick to the topic at hand, you could have just...you know...stuck to the topic at hand instead of taking a shot at"liberals on UP" in the first place.

But if you want to start a coffee house thread where we exclusively discuss objective facts about Trump, I'd be happy to join you there. I don't consider myself a liberal, but I've got more than a few objective facts about Trump that I like illuminate whenever possible. Let me know and I'll see you there!!

Now back to the topic at hand. LOL

• Thanks 4

Back to the crazy folks on Broadway last night and Friday night, I will have to say a number of these folks may regret their actions after its all said and done. Right now it seems Davidson and Williamson counties are the hotbed of cases for the state as the virus does not know county lines.

I read that Dr. Fauchi said this morning to be prepared for a two week shut down of everything. I said that in an earlier post. It may have to be longer than that. My guess is that it would have to be coordinated with all of the countries around the globe at the same time to stop this. That will require ALL air travel to everywhere to stop,  all the stupid cruise lines to come ashore,(you have to be totally stupid to be on one anyway), and shut down all but non essential business and emergency service. ITS COMINGS, CONSIDER YOURSELF NOTIFIED.

• Thanks 1

The mayor is about to announce the closing of all bars on lower Broadway and a 50% max capacity to all all mixed bars and restaurants.  No simple standing at bar service areas in the remaining bar/restaurants. According to his twitter feed......

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Despite what the president would like us to believe, facts do still exist.  Just because a particular truth might make us uncomfortable doesn't mean we get to just write it off as a 'partisan opinion' to give us an excuse to ignore it. 

It is an objective fact that prior to their political careers Mike Pence and Jared Kushner worked not as epidemiologists (science literate experts on viral outbreaks, in other words,) but as a talk radio host and a real estate developer respectively.  

It is also an objective fact that in 2018 Donald Trump fired the existing pandemic response team and did not replace them.  Again, this statement, along with the statement above it, are not political in nature.  They are simply statements of fact that are not up for debate.  I might as well be saying that the sky is blue and water is wet.  

It is, however, my subjective opinion that Pence and Kushner are not the best men for the job of viral outbreak crisis manager, although I must admit that I cannot fathom what a logical argument to the contrary would even look like.  

In any case, as you said, back to the subject at hand.

Do you really want to go down this road?  We can go tit for tat all day long on politicians in both parties.  There’s enough disgusting behavior on both sides.  If this is what you guys want...I’ll blow up this whole site with Facebook type crap just like the rest of you.  We’ll stop talking about Nashville and go straight to Trump, Pelosi, Pence, Sanders, Biden, Schumer, etc. we’ll all join together and solve the world’s problems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Do you really want to go down this road?  We can go tit for tat all day long on politicians in both parties.  There’s enough disgusting behavior on both sides.  If this is what you guys want...I’ll blow up this whole site with Facebook type crap just like the rest of you.  We’ll stop talking about Nashville and go straight to Trump, Pelosi, Pence, Sanders, Biden, Schumer, etc. we’ll all join together and solve the world’s problems.

Ha. Well that escalated quickly!

I for one would prefer that you don't "blow up this whole site with Facebook type crap."  But if you have any relevant info to share in a calm, well-reasoned, and objectively truthful way just as BNA did in the post you quoted, then sure, please proceed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm glad Trump instilled a travel ban to slow the influx of carriers. It's also good that he got a trade deal with China through hardline negotiations. If only he could curbed the filthy dietary habits that eminate from that place. He should include a mandatory change of those habits in phase two of the deal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2