The Coronavirus thread

17 minutes ago, urbanlover568 said:

Seeing lots is postings of recent construction pictures around the area. I would hope all UPers are trying to do their part as the governor and presidents directive to stay home. Together, we can help reduce the spread!

If people are by themselves when they are taking the pictures, I don’t see what the problem is. They’re still practicing social distancing. When I drive up to Charlotte to take drone pics, I am by myself. :dontknow: This isn’t any different than somebody going out jogging in the morning by themselves.

Edited by gman430
  • Like 3

I understand people's worry, but PLEASE wait until a there is a federally approved medicine or preventative action against COVID-19 before taking your own action. Not that anybody here would follow suit, but I'm seeing some unfortunate stories where people try stuff on their own.

4 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Is that even legal if it’s in your own household? 

Edit: nevermind. I see it doesn’t apply to homes.

Edited by gman430

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Read the bottom part of my post. ;) 

Scary that that was was your first question to the article.

42 minutes ago, gman430 said:

If people are by themselves when they are taking the pictures, I don’t see what the problem is. They’re still practicing social distancing. When I drive up to Charlotte to take drone pics, I am by myself. :dontknow: This isn’t any different than somebody going out jogging in the morning by themselves.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

Translation: after the 30th flights resume, people go back to work, and business as usual. Except with a pandemic. I can understand a few more weeks from now, but 7 days?

I was tested Thursday night.  Hospitalized Friday morning. I was released this afternoon.  They still havent gotten the test results back but cant keep me hospitalized now that my fever has broken.   I was in isolation.  Nurse and doctor and aid could only enter my room 4 or 5 times a day because they need to conserve protective gear so they won't run out.  The hospital I entered Friday is not the hospital I left today.  That hospital has been replaced by a military installation.  I was required to sign a form from the NCDHS  to commit to self-quarantine.

Edited by Phillydog
  • Sad 7

3 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

I was tested Thursday night.  Hospitalized Friday morning. I was released this afternoon.  They still havent gotten the test results back but cant keep me hospitalized now that my fever has broken.   I was in isolation.  Nurse and doctor and aid could only enter my room 4 or 5 times a day because they need to conserve protective gear so they won't run out.  The hospital I entered Friday is not the hospital I left today.  That hospital has been replaced by a military installation.  I was rewuired to sign a form from the NCDHS  to commit to self-quarantine.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

If I may ask, what were your symptoms? 

• Like 3

Thank you!   

No problems.  Fever 103.9, trouble breathing, sore joints.  Tested negative for flu a and b.   

A couple of personal experience takeaways....

Doctors and nurses at Duke are genuinely concerned

They dont have enough supplies

We arent doing enough to stop the spread

Testing is obviously too limited and too slow to get results, I'm still waiting on result since last Thursday. 

Edited by Phillydog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

Thank you!   

No problems.  Fever 103.9, trouble breathing, sore joints.  Tested negative for flu a and b.   

A couple of personal experience takeaways....

Doctors and nurses at Duke are genuinely concerned

They dont have enough supplies

We arent doing enough to stop the spread

Testing is obviously too limited and too slow to get results, I'm still waiting on result since last Thursday. 

Did you have fluid in the lungs at all? Almost like it hurt your chest not to cough? Loss of taste?

5 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

Seeing lots is postings of recent construction pictures around the area. I would hope all UPers are trying to do their part as the governor and presidents directive to stay home. Together, we can help reduce the spread!

All of mine are have been taken from the confines of my car.  Honestly I just go for a drive every few days, I love to drive, and since I can't really go anywhere, just driving around and looking at things keeps me from going crazy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

Did you have fluid in the lungs at all? Almost like it hurt your chest not to cough? Loss of taste?

No fluid but definitely felt pressure.  Isnt pleasant, slowly productive.  Coughing caused major pain in chest and head.   Other issues... swollen lymph nodes and enlarged spleen (shown in CAT scan) docs said are related to having an infection.

• Sad 7

"There will be no normally functioning economy if our hospitals are overwhelmed and thousands of Americans of all ages, including our doctors and nurses, lay dying because we have failed to do what's necessary to stop the virus," Rep. Liz Cheney, the No. 3 House Republican, wrote on Twitter