The Coronavirus thread

1 hour ago, kermit said:

The news from Lyles this morning about ‘probably/maybe’ shutting down transit with zero additional details really struck me as a misstep. 

Agreed. And flat out shutting down the transit system would make things dramatically worse for those already at the bottom without addressing what seems like more likely sources of spread - packed home improvement stores, etc.

• Thanks 2

What an incredible leader we have. We are so lucky that he is guiding us, sagely, through this crises. What a mensch.

President Donald Trump announced new guidance from the White House on Friday afternoon, saying the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were advising the use of "non-medical cloth based" face coverings.

But he emphasized the recommendations were voluntary and that he, for one, would not partake.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/politics/trump-white-house-face-masks/index.html

Edited by kermit
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1,094 deaths reported in the United States through 6pm today which is the most so far in one day. 

Anybody else watching this Trump press conference? Lol. It’s like watching a bad car accident.

Edited by gman430
  • Sad 5

21 minutes ago, gman430 said:

1,094 deaths reported in the United States through 6pm today which is the most so far in one day. 

Anybody else watching this Trump press conference? Lol. It’s like watching a bad car accident.

We have a would-be emperor who wears no clothes.  (My 7 year old mentioned the "no clothes)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kermit said:

The longer this goes the more I sense a real lack of local political leadership in this situation.

This is the sort of thing (in a Saturday Observer article) I was talking about when I referenced a lack of local leadership:

Ten days before putting restrictions on public gatherings, Mecklenburg County quietly activated its crisis management plan, emails obtained by the Charlotte Observer show.

In an email sent March 6 to county commissioners from County Manager Dena Diorio, Diorio said she authorized a “Level 2 activation” of Mecklenburg’s crisis plan in response to the new coronavirus.

And Diorio planned to keep the crisis level 2 activation private, according to her message to elected officials.

In her March 6 email to commissioners, she wrote: “While the following information is not necessarily confidential, I would appreciate the information not being shared with the public. We want to be sure we are prepared but do not want to create panic.”

It seems reasonable that good communications is a hallmark of solid leadership in any context, I would really like to see more transparency from our local leaders.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article241750536.html

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

Truth! 
(be warned before you read this: this is a true Red pill/blue pill read).

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/waves-mutilation-medical-tyranny-and-cashless-society

Think with all you have when reading it, and ask yourself one question: Is this why we are seeing what we are seeing in regards to the response to something that kills less people than the Flu? The answer is easy, just open your eyes and wake up. All I’m asking, is do you want to take the red pill (where all you start to see is truth) or the blue, where you go back to your normal life of cognitive dissonance???????

It’s all by design. While the virus might be bad, the coming power grab is far worse! 

One more for the road:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/new-age-deception-covid-19-has-hastened-old-collectivism

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, A2. said:

Truth! 

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/waves-mutilation-medical-tyranny-and-cashless-society

Think with all you have when reading it, and ask yourself one question: Is this why we are seeing what we are seeing in regards to the response to something that kills less people than the Flu? The answer is easy, just open your eyes and wake up. All I’m asking, is do you want to take the red pill (where all you start to see is truth) or the blue, where you go back to your normal life of cognitive dissonance???????

It’s all by design. While the virus might be bad, the coming power grab is far worse! 

One more for the road:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/new-age-deception-covid-19-has-hastened-old-collectivism

A2

Covid-19 is more deadly than the flu.  Even if case numbers aren't as high, the rate of death is higher (currently, of the 300k cases that have been closed worldwide, only 79% have resulted in recoveries.  The rest have been deaths).

The bolded part is a very real concern of mine as well.  There is no way that the USA Patriot Act, which featured tons of surveillance measures that violate the 4th amendment, would have been passed under any circumstances except immediately after 9/11.  I hope that I am wrong, but I fear we will soon see similar unconstitutional legislation passed under the guise of "protection of U.S. citizens," especially depending on who wins the coming Presidential election.

I have a hard time believing that a Horseshoe Bat, a creature which reportedly isn't found within 900 kms of Wuhan (EXCEPT at a Wuhan lab, which happened to be right near the wet market), was eaten by a pangolin, which was then eaten by a person (who reportedly has not been able to be identified, and conflicting reports have been issued about whether he was even ever in contact with the wet market), who then triggered the entire outbreak.  Never mind the fact that the Chinese doctors and scientists who tried to sound the alarm early are now all either dead or missing, as the Chinese government sought to silent them, AND that U.S. intelligence has reported that China has been lying about its case numbers.  Don't discount other factors, such as the widespread Chinese protests (regular headline news last year), a non-establishment U.S. President whose best chance at winning reelection was based on how good the economy was, a rise in nationalism (Brexit, U.S. to an extent, and others), and a host of other things that I don't feel like going into detail about.  I think that there are lots of pieces that are either not being reported, or are intentionally being misreported, to control the narrative.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, A2. said:

Truth! 

One more for the road:

A2

I really appreciate your economic insight, but your statistical analysis isn't correct of COVID19. 

image.thumb.png.1fb1519db78434927d70408563b86e40.png

Edited by urbanlover568

I don't know the context but I do know that single source quoting the ny post is not worth my time looking at. 

A2 & Nicholas you would be well served moving to Arkansas. ;-)Then your senator would reflect your values. Your posts and his public comments are equally irresponsible.

All said, I do agree the power grab resultant to 911 should be watched for a repeat (along with lies as to who was responsible). The current communist fear mongering is already being used to distract from the federal government doing such a crap job.

I have also appreciated A2 economic posts previously. Maybe you could comment on that?

• Confused 1

More truth: 

99% of people have NO IDEA THAT YOU CANT CATCH A VIRUS!!! Period! 
A Virus is NOT A LIVING THING, Compared to a bacteria, or even fungus. Great little vid of someone who’s actually  spoken hard hitting and in your face about the LIES BEING TOLD. 

Edited by A2.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

I really appreciate your economic insight, but your statistical analysis isn't correct of COVID19.

Check out some of my other vids. I don’t mind being called out. But you guys can NOT believe every thing your told. There are Lies, Damed Lies, and Statistics. 
 Again I can take the heat, this entire Boogeyman  is being foisted upon the masses because of motives that go much deeper than can be described here. 
 Again I have mad respect for all you guys, and truly understand if you don’t agree, that’s what makes this a great board to have dialogue. But at  least check out some of these vids and then comment. And remember, most everything that is the official narrative is a lie. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but it is.

1 hour ago, urbanlover568 said:

Check out some of my other vids. I don’t mind being called out. But you guys can NOT believe every thing your told. There are Lies, Damed Lies, and Statistics.  Again I can take the heat, this entire Boogeyman  is being foisted upon the masses because of motives that go much deeper than can be described here. 

Again I have mad respect for all you guys, and truly understand if you don’t agree, that’s what makes this a great board to have dialogue. 

but at least check out some of these vids and then comment. And remember, most everything that is the official narrative is a lie. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but it is.

And this is not me suggesting all the above. Their are COUNTLESS Doctors who also know the truth. Isn’t it convenient that many are being threatened legally for speaking to the public about ANYTHING Covid-19.

heres one Doctor who has guts to speak scientifically about the entire matter:

PS—-don’t know why my response is going into urbanlover568’s box, but suffice it to say, the important thing is the vids not my words. 

Edited by A2.

9 minutes ago, A2. said:

More truth: 

99% of people have NO IDEA THAT YOU CANT CATCH A VIRUS!!! Period! 
A Virus is NOT A LIVING THING, Compared to a bacteria, or even fungus. Great little vid of someone who’s actually  spoken hard hitting and in your face about the LIES BEING TOLD. 

The guy is a man who refuses to say his name with unverified educational history and spots theories. Anyone can claim those credentials and make the same video and it be just as valid.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urbanlover568 said:

The guy is a man who refuses to say his name with unverified educational history and spots theories. Anyone can claim those credentials and make the same video and it be just as valid.  

Check out the other from one of the many doctors who understand the same thing. The bottom line is a virus can’t be caught as the world believes. It can only be caught by way of blood (ie sharing needles). This is just scientific fact. I don’t understand why the powers that be can’t tell people this simple truth. 
Yet here we are locked down and practicing social distancing, scared of our own shadows. The lies to scare us all have a MUCH DARKER agenda. I just am speaking plain facts about viruses. When it comes to what is the plan, the Covid-19 is the least of our concerns, I promise. 

Edited by A2.
  • Like 2

Just now, A2. said:

Check out the other from one of the many doctors who understand the same thing. The bottom line is a virus can’t be caught as the world believes. It can only be caught by way of blood (ie sharing needles). This is just scientific fact. I don’t understand why the powers that be can’t tell people this simple truth. 

Please. Dr. Fauci and Dr. Brixx do not stand in front of TV to lie every day. They have flawless credentials. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, urbanlover568 said:

Please. Dr. Fauci and Dr. Brixx do not stand in front of TV to lie every day. They have flawless credentials. 

Ok. Then do some research on Dr. Fauci and his efforts behind the Swine flu. And his immunization backing that injured more that the swine flu did. 
I love you UL, and I promise I’m not attacking, I’m just so tired of these demon spawns spewing crap and locking us down. We are losing every right we ever had over something that is bad, but not something to lose our jobs, freedoms and liberties over.

they never did this lock down for SARS, H1N1, Swine Flu, Ebola, Mers, etc 

why these draconian measure now? Because they have a MUCH more sinister objective.

By the way, speaking of sinister, what if I told you Cancer not a disease alone, but was an Industry, and that this allopathic path of sickos (Led by some real heavy hitting elites), locked up countless Doctors who had cured cancer? 

I will tell you why, because it take sick people to make a profit. Sad but true.

Because your one of my favs urbanlover568, I present to you a very long, but important documentary I want you and other to watch. Take back your life, health and FREEDOM! We shouldn’t be locked away, and viewed as mere farm animals to be corralled. 

Edited by A2.

Dr. Birx’s voice makes my ears bleed. Oh and latest update: 

There are at least 301,902 cases of coronavirus in the US, according to Johns Hopkins University's tally of cases in the United States.

At least 8,175 people have died in the US from coronavirus. 

On Saturday, at least 23,949 new cases were reported, and at least 1,023 new deaths in the US have been reported, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins. 

Edited by gman430

8 minutes ago, A2. said:

Ok. Then do some research on Dr. Fauci and his efforts behind the Swine flu. And his immunization backing that injured more that the swine flu did. 
I love you UL, and I promise I’m not attacking, I’m just so tired of these demon spawns spewing crap and locking us down. We are losing every right we ever had over something that is bad, but not something to lose our jobs, freedoms and liberties over.

they never did this lock down for SARS, H1N1, Swine Flu, Ebola, Mers, etc 

why these draconian measure now? Because they have a MUCH more sinister objective.

by the way, speaking of sinister, what if I told you Cancer was an Industry and that world had locked up countless Doctors like Dr. Rife who cured cancer? Or countless others. 
I will tell you why, because it take sick people to make a profit. Sad but true.

because your one of my favs urban lovers, I present to you a very long, but important documentary I want you and other to watch. Take back your life, health and FREEDOM! We shouldn’t be locked away, and viewed as mere farm animals to be corralled. 

draconian measures? Hello! Look at South Korea vs. US daily case rate. SK took  draconian measures and look where they are, and look at US who was late the curve and you will see.