The Coronavirus thread

On 7/5/2020 at 9:18 PM, kermit said:

Here is our republican gubernatorial nominee  saying masks are stupid. I wonder how many people are going to die because of Dan's politics and intentional lies? Even donald got on the mask train, why does Dan want to be the last guy to peddle this bullcrap?

I honestly do not understand the aversion to masks. One reason surgeons wear masks is to prevent spreading any germs to the patient they are operating on. That same logic should apply here. 

• Like 1

The nations that Americans are now allowed to travel to are shown in green on the map. The list below it includes a few other places which will allow American's in after a 14 day quarantine.  https://medium.com/@indica/the-plague-states-of-america-53b20678a80e

The donald's wall was built inside out....

image.png.2362e50eb8fbb6c3c26c7550f58389c3.png

Edited by kermit

Teeter is FINALLY requiring customers to wear masks. I don't understand why that was a difficult decision in this climate (and while a statewide mask mandate exists). I guess the market has spoken. I was a Teeter guy before I saw their disdain for protecting their employees and customers, but now. I can't remember the last time I went to a Teeter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/07/with-morgues-brimming-texas-and-arizona-turn-to-refrigerator-trucks/

“Every disaster has its images, its symbols. For COVID-19, it might just be the refrigerator truck. It’s our overflow morgue, holding the patients we could not save.”

MAGA!

• Sad 1

We are far from perfect, and its a flaky methodology, but pat yourselves on the back North Carolina! (although Charlotte is pretty mediocre -- I am looking at you Southend)

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, elrodvt said:

Note that Pineville opted out of the early closing of bars planned for Charlotte, Davidson etc..

They also didnt want the LRT.

Can a group be wrong about everything? What is their political makeup?

...does Pineville even have bars outside of Applebees?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, tozmervo said:

...does Pineville even have bars outside of Applebees?

Applebee’s has already been closing early. Fox and Hound (old Bailey’s) has been staying open late. I go there sometimes on my 11pm lunch break because there’s literally no place else to sit down and eat.

1 hour ago, lit said:

Applebee’s has already been closing early. Fox and Hound (old Bailey’s) has been staying open late. I go there sometimes on my 11pm lunch break because there’s literally no place else to sit down and eat.

What kind of lunch are you eating at 11pm???

• Haha 1

I got curious about the North Carolina in the big picture. Using the NYT tracker, the state is currently #25 out of 51 (inc. DC) in per capita cases, sandwiched between Virginia and California. For now, all of our southern neighbors are above-to-way-above us on the list. TN is the next closest at #21. The midwest and west make up the bottom 25 in per capita numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, lit said:

The plot thickens... now Fox and Hound (Pineville) has a sign on the door that says “IF YOUR ONLY FORM OF ID IS A SOUTH CAROLINA IDENTIFICATION CARD, WE CANNOT SERVE YOU”

I don't get it. What am I missing?