The Coronavirus thread

I think this is highly dependent on the election results. 

If Biden wins there will be more effort towards masks and contact tracing/instant testing. Then I think we'll improve.

Otherwise, no way to know, it'll be up to the virus since we'll continue to muddle along with no country wide plan.

United States is 5% of worlds population yet now has 25% of corona deaths. Great job...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think it's alarmist in the least. How crazy is it that I believe 100k needlessly dying from covid (say 50%) is getting off lucky but that's how I feel. What if he starts a war or continues to encourage right wing domestic terrorism? All we need is another OK City. We've been through worse though. From what I've read of McCarthyism that was even worse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 11:15 PM, elrodvt said:

Me too! We put up yard signs and volunteer for the DNC.  I can't really think of much else I can do as an individual. Maybe others have ideas??

We are all learning to live in this new situation for us. It is important to take precautions and distance when communicating with each other.

• Like 1

Montréal put on hard lockdown. Prohibits inviting friends to your home !. Lots more. Montréal is a center of Covid in Canada and has large populations of resistant residents such as conservative and hasidic jews, muslims and general uncooperative individuals. The Premier is hoping, and if this does not work, what is next? 

https://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/a65e6626-cd0a-4ee8-98e2-c77d751705d4__7C___0.html?utm_campaign=202009291810-lpp-tuesday-aws-NT&utm_source=newsletter-mardi&utm_medium=email

Any translate function will work here.

• Like 1

NC's junior Senator has COVID because he was too stupid to wear a mask and our senior Senator has not yet been held accountable for using his insider knowledge of COVID to cash out his securities holdings ahead of the crash without bothering to tell his constituents that the virus was a problem...

"First in Freedom" my ass, we have fallen far.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1