The Coronavirus thread

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I sure  hope hate for others, brings happiness to some of you as you can really dish it out again and again for those you disagree with politically.  Very sad. 

We are mirroring what we see from our current political leadership. Is that hate?

“acceptable losses”

”no worse than the flu”

”Liberate Michigan!”

”Biden wears a mask all the time”

“It is what it is”

Earned it:

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like to say that Trump's physician said this morning that he is improving this morning. This is great news. Biden/Harris and Pelosi wished nothing but good fortune on Trump in his recovery. 

In response to some comments on here, I'll leave with this quote from Adrian Helmsley, "The moment we stop fighting for each other, that's the moment we lose our humanity." 

5 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

In response to some comments on here, I'll leave with this quote from Adrian Helmsley, "The moment we stop fighting for each other, that's the moment we lose our humanity." 

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I’d really love to sympathize with Mr. President, but after loosing my Aunt to COVID and then watching Mr. Trump and his supporters claim that this disease is a hoax and we should just go back to normal, all while showing absolutely ZERO sympathy for 200K lives lost, I’m really finding it hard to do so.

I know people who had COVID and people who died from it. I don't wish death or ill on Trump or anyone like that.

Again, "The moment we stop fighting for each other, that's the moment we lose our humanity."

1 minute ago, Cadi40 said:

I don’t know where or how you comprehended that I was conveying my death wishes on Donald Trump. That quote of yours while it’s truly meaningful, Donald Trump has consistently denied and demeaned the Coronavirus pandemic, if anyone needs to read that quote it’s him. 

Where were your condolences towards trump? I failed to see it. Just further insults. Even Biden/Harris has more class than you. He pulled all negative ads and wished nothing but good fortune for the President and first lady. 

13 hours ago, elrodvt said:

The irony. I feel sad if they infected their family. Them, well, they earned it.

• Confused 1

I just said it was hard to sympathize with him, I never even implied my negative thoughts towards the President. I wish my best for the President because he’ll most likely need it. Happy now? I guess I’ll just have to put forth the simplest possible sentences in order for proper comprehension. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cadi40 said:

I just said it was hard to sympathize with him, I never even implied my negative thoughts towards the President. I wish my best for the President because he’ll most likely need it. Happy now? I guess I’ll just have to put forth the simplest possible sentences in order for proper comprehension. 

Right... I see all the condolences now.  I think it's sad that some people have such lack of compassion. 

27 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Mr. Trump and his supporters claim that this disease is a hoax and we should just go back to normal, all while showing absolutely ZERO sympathy for 200K lives lost, I’m really finding it hard to do so.

3 hours ago, kermit said:

We are mirroring what we see from our current political leadership. Is that hate?

“acceptable losses”

”no worse than the flu”

”Liberate Michigan!”

”Biden wears a mask all the time”

“It is what it is”

Earned it:

So, this is where I'm torn.  At first, I was along those lines, thinking and feeling that this is the strongest Karma coming back to bite him in the ass, and wishing the worst.  And believe me, I'm not normally like this.  My initial thoughts were based on the complete and utter disregard by this man and all of his followers toward the pandemic and the SCIENCE behind it.  Complete apathy and sloughing off by everyone in this administration - save those from the scientific community involved in providing important information.

In listening to and hear from several different sources, I have kind of (but not 100%) softened my mindset.  First, I follow Beau of the Fifth Column on Facebook and Instagram (I think he has a Youtube channel) and I do appreciate his opinion on things, he brought a different perspective for me from a state of the union and political aspect that I had not truly thought of.  He has experience and knowledge that make a great deal of sense.

Second, I saw that Joe and Jill Biden provided their good thoughts of a recovery from this for the first family.  Now I'm not 100% in the Biden camp, but see this as being better people than what is currently residing in the White House.  This just speaks volumes as to they type of people they are - as much as the general public can know an elected official.

Third - for me, I have to think about all of the fallout that could occur, good and bad with something like this.  Outside of the attempted assassination of President Reagan, we really haven't had this type of scenario play out in the past 40 some years.  I can remember hearing the words "I'm in charge" by Al Haig (if memory serves correctly) back then.  If we hear Pence utter those words, I'm not going to feel any more safe than I do now.

Personally, as much as I despise the man occupying the oval office, in good conscience and faith - regardless of how many people have died from this - I cannot wish death on someone.  I try to put myself back in the time I was in jury duty and had to look at things strictly from a legal definition and standpoint.  Directly, the president did not kill or murder any of the 200,000 plus people, so it would be extremely difficult to have feelings of revenge for them and their families.  Part of me wants to, but I just can't after taking the bigger picture into play.  That does not mean that I think less of those that feel that way.  I cannot blame them.  It just speaks to the dialog and mindset that we have been thrust into over the past four plus years.

My 30,000 foot perspective is that the giant band-aid that was so delicately holding this country together was savagely ripped off four years ago, and the wound was too deep and infected, there is no hope in healing it.  

@Kermit - this post is not balanced against your specific post, but all of the collective.  Your post was the most relevant to me.

• Like 4

On 10/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, urbanlover568 said:

Some good news about the death rate and percent positive cases is that we are seeing a reduction in the second wave. The magnitude of the second wave is also less than the first. Europe is entering their second wave now and their deaths are dramatically down also compared to their first. 

Fantastic news! Now we are only twice as likely to die from COVID as the average European.

75DDFBED-4730-4157-BEBA-724D1F5E39C4.jpeg

Edited by kermit
  • Sad 1