The Greenville coronavirus thread

gman430

I drove down main st Greenville yesterday from the Hyatt through the Westend.  Was curious to see how many were wearing masks.  I'd probably guess 5% of the people I saw were were wearing them.  No wonder Greenville is also the hotspot in SC.  SC average new cases a day two weeks ago was 402 per day.  This week we are averaging 940 new cases per day.  "Well we are testing more"  Sure but the infected rate of those being tested is 16%.  That is 1 in 6 of those tested has it.  Wear a mask, it stops the spread.

Really don't see that it is necessary to wear a mask outside. I also don't understand why people out walking by themselves wear a mask or while driving in their car alone. The fear mongering sure has taken over. I think it is time to start questioning the test results. I heard a guy on the radio that works in a lab in Greenville where they do 500 tests a day and he said they have had many false positves. Remember when this all first started test kits were rushed out without much "testing". The shortage of test kits went way very quickly. 

Edited by apaladin

1 hour ago, apaladin said:

Really don't see that it is necessary to wear a mask outside. I also don't understand why people out walking by themselves wear a mask or while driving in their car alone. The fear mongering sure has taken over. I think it is time to start questioning the test results. I heard a guy on the radio that works in a lab in Greenville where they do 500 tests a day and he said they have had many false positves. Remember when this all first started test kits were rushed out without much "testing". The shortage of test kits went way very quickly. 

When will you understand that we wear a mask only to keep the virus from spreading, not out of fear for our own lives?  I am not going to waste my time questioning the test results or believing anything said on a radio station. That said, there are as many false negatives as there are false positives. That is the nature of tests. Same thing happens with flu tests. It evens out. 

Another day of virus records, thanks to the non-mask wearers and the close talkers. 

Statewide numbers

Number of new cases reported: 1,599

Total number of cases in S.C.: 31,850

Number of new deaths reported: 15

Total number of deaths in S.C.: 707

Number of hospitalized patients: 908

Percent of tests that were positive: 19.6 percent, a new high

Total number of tests in S.C.: 389,096

New cases down 233 from yesterday but don’t tell anyone. Under that Statewide Numbers report that second line is absolutely false.

Total number of cases in S.C.:  31,850 totally not true. Most have recovered so they should no longer be counted but that wouldn’t make It sound as bad. 

10 hours ago, apaladin said:

New cases down 233 from yesterday but don’t tell anyone. Under that Statewide Numbers report that second line is absolutely false.

Total number of cases in S.C.:  31,850 totally not true. Most have recovered so they should no longer be counted but that wouldn’t make It sound as bad. 

The CDC is saying the actual number of cases is probably 10% to 25% higher than reported. Recovered cases should no longer be counted? Really? It sounds bad because it is bad. Why are you in denial that this virus is exploding and that it is deadly? Wear a mask. Social distance. Without a vaccine, that is the only things we can do to slow it down. #RealMenWearMasks 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, apaladin said:

Yes proactive in devastating the NC economy and small business'.

No, the citizens are devastating the economy by not doing the right things. All we have to do is to wash our hands, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. Had we been willing to sacrifice a few minutes each day to love our neighbor, lives would have been saved and we would be looking in the rear view mirror at this horrible virus. We controlled our own destiny, and we failed. 

• Like 2

I think arguably the we have been doing the social distancing all alone and more people are wearing masks than ever. Doesn’t seem to help. Truth be known I don’t think so called experts know how it is transmitted. Surveys have proven that mask wearing does not help with the spread of the flu. As for hand washing the cdc came out over a month ago and said getting it from a surface is minute in the real world. Of course that was quickly firgotten by the media. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, apaladin said:

I think arguably the we have been doing the social distancing all alone and more people are wearing masks than ever. Doesn’t seem to help. Truth be known I don’t think so called experts know how it is transmitted. Surveys have proven that mask wearing does not help with the spread of the flu. As for hand washing the cdc came out over a month ago and said getting it from a surface is minute in the real world. Of course that was quickly firgotten by the media. 

That's like, your opinion man.

• Thanks 1