The Greenville coronavirus thread

gman430

24 minutes ago, gman said:

Good gosh. That is the most depressing report yet. McMaster needs to wake up now. 

Not going to happen: the decision has already been made to sacrifice for the 'good' of the many at the expense of a few, while discounting the effects of an overloaded health care system.  McMaster has washed his virtual hands of the situation and will only make recommendations now.   Any action will only happen by the regional governments.

Edited by bikeoid

I am hearing more and more crazy stories about Covid reporting. A person I know had symptoms and called her doctor and was told she had a sinus infection.  After a couple of days she called back and was told it sounded like she had a chest cold and they would call in an anti-biotic in case it turned into bronchitis. They said FYI we will have to report this as a Covid. Alarmed she told them she would gladly be tested and they said no, no it’s just protocol. Know someone who recently had a member of their church pass away from a heart attack and it was coded Covid. When the wife questioned why and should she be concerned she was told no thats just the way we have to do it now. Up to you if you want to believe or not but both are true. 

8 hours ago, apaladin said:

I am hearing more and more crazy stories about Covid reporting. A person I know had symptoms and called her doctor and was told she had a sinus infection.  After a couple of days she called back and was told it sounded like she had a chest cold and they would call in an anti-biotic in case it turned into bronchitis. They said FYI we will have to report this as a Covid. Alarmed she told them she would gladly be tested and they said no, no it’s just protocol. Know someone who recently had a member of their church pass away from a heart attack and it was coded Covid. When the wife questioned why and should she be concerned she was told no thats just the way we have to do it now. Up to you if you want to believe or not but both are true. 

I had someone to tell me that someone told them they heard someone say... All nonsense. 

For all the fearmongers you won't want to read this but those of you that are optimistic please read. BTW this was on my newsfeed and when I went back to see it again 30 minutes later it was gone. Imagine that. Nah the media is not biased at all. Of course this was not reported on any of the national  or local news shows tonight. Surprised it was ever there albeit briefly. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/45131b87-f1d3-3e21-9a2e-10d99ff9e39f/why-coronavirus-deaths-remain.html

Edited by apaladin

“As cases rise, deaths decline. The disconnect between case and death trends is striking,”

I'll be looking forward to the deaths to continue their sharp decline.   The current wave in new areas of the country are composed mostly of younger people.   As it spreads, it is more likely to invade senior centers which will have an even larger death rate.

coronGraph.JPG

Edited by bikeoid

51 minutes ago, apaladin said:

For all the fearmongers you won't want to read this but those of you that are optimistic please read. BTW this was on my newsfeed and when I went back to see it again 30 minutes later it was gone. Imagine that. Nah the media is not biased at all. Of course this was not reported on any of the national  or local news shows tonight. Surprised it was ever there albeit briefly. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/45131b87-f1d3-3e21-9a2e-10d99ff9e39f/why-coronavirus-deaths-remain.html

Remain low? 130,000 deaths? Seriously, I am normally an optimistic person, but todays report is depressing. Because many Americans are fearful of someone telling them what to do, we need to be fearmongers until there is a vaccine. This afternoon's Greenville News headline is, "COVID-19 hospitalizations are 'ridiculously out of control' in Upstate SC, Prisma doc says." Do you think that is fearmongering? 

Edited by gman

1 hour ago, gman said:

Remain low? 130,000 deaths? Seriously, I am normally an optimistic person, but todays report is depressing. Because many Americans are fearful of someone telling them what to do, we need to be fearmongers until there is a vaccine. This afternoon's Greenville News headline is, "COVID-19 hospitalizations are 'ridiculously out of control' in Upstate SC, Prisma doc says." Do you think that is fearmongering? 

The reported 130,000 previous deaths has nothing to do with the article. Just like the news media keeps adding to the total number of cases instead of reporting active cases which of course would be a much smaller figure. At the same time of the GNews article doctors in Georgia have come out and said yes their hospitals are crowded but not from coronavirus as the news media wants you to believe but from elective surgeries postponed from earlier this year. It all comes to who you want to believe. It is a shame that this country does not have an honest, reliable news source people could rely on regardless of what side of the fence you sit. 

7 hours ago, apaladin said:

The reported 130,000 previous deaths has nothing to do with the article. Just like the news media keeps adding to the total number of cases instead of reporting active cases which of course would be a much smaller figure. At the same time of the GNews article doctors in Georgia have come out and said yes their hospitals are crowded but not from coronavirus as the news media wants you to believe but from elective surgeries postponed from earlier this year. It all comes to who you want to believe. It is a shame that this country does not have an honest, reliable news source people could rely on regardless of what side of the fence you sit. 

I believe the medical experts, the doctors from this article. The headline states a fact. Hospitalizations from COVID are out of control. https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/south-carolina/2020/07/17/covid-19-hospitalizations-ridiculously-out-control-upstate-sc-wendell-james/5457506002/

Edited by gman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Good news, cases are going down. DHEC reports that Greenville County hospitals are at 69% occupancy which is below optimal. Let’s hope the good news continues. 

Actually, you are wrong again. DHEC will not report hospital data for a few days, until the new reporting system is fully implemented. As of yesterday, it was at 75.9%. https://scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/hospital-bed-capacity-covid-19

Edited by gman