The Greenville coronavirus thread

gman430

3 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Encouraging news. CDC director says he absolutely wants his grandkids in school. Pfizer is hoping for a vaccine by October and the US has ordered 100 million doses. Tried to post a link to the article but it wouldn’t let me. 

Lol. Of course the CDC director isn’t going to contradict the President and he hasn’t been an effective director in the first place. There will be no vaccine by October; it’s impossible to go through trials that quick. And even then, what about the anti-vaxxers and their “freedom” to spread this? They don’t want to a wear mask, but somehow we all think they’re going to be willing to be vaccinated when they think the government is doing this microchip us for the new world order? COVID-19 is going to here a long time (I imagine at least until 2023 minimum), so might as well get used to this. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GVLover said:

Lol. Of course the CDC director isn’t going to contradict the President and he hasn’t been an effective director in the first place. There will be no vaccine by October; it’s impossible to go through trials that quick. And even then, what about the anti-vaxxers and their “freedom” to spread this? They don’t want to a wear mask, but somehow we all think they’re going to be willing to be vaccinated when they think the government is doing this microchip us for the new world order? COVID-19 is going to here a long time (I imagine at least until 2023 minimum), so might as well get used to this. 

I expected many would be disappointed with this encouraging news and politicize it and it only took a minute! :rofl:

39 minutes ago, apaladin said:

I expected many would be disappointed with this encouraging news and politicize it and it only took a minute! :rofl:

It is encouraging news about the vaccine. As for wanting our kids back in school, there is no one that does not want that to happen. It's not like someone that has concerns does not want kids back in school. Everyone wants their kids back in school. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, apaladin said:

Ultimately, everything is political. You did not say there would be a vaccine and the CDC director said they‘d send their child back for no reason, just like I didn’t point out the contradiction of it all for no reason. We must not engage in fairytales in the way many people seem to want for us to move forward. Am I supposed to not acknowledge that a significant portion of the population are now anti-vaxxers that refuse to wear mask? This irrefutable as we witness the skyrocketing of COVID-19 that will kill hundreds of thousands of people in the winter. 

Edited by GVLover

23 hours ago, gman said:

A bit of good news. "Prisma Health sees recent decline in Upstate COVID-19 hospitalizations." https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ns/5494570002/

Certainly good news, however cases & deaths continue to rise. Wonder if this is a symptom of hospitals possibly being more choosy of who they admit to avoid crowding?

26 minutes ago, GVLover said:

I’m honestly astonished how many people aren’t wearing masks downtown. 

Why? The CDC says you have to be within 6 feet of an infected person for 10 minutes to catch it. No need to have one on outside. You are not going to get it or give it to someone by just walking by someone. 

6 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Why? The CDC says you have to be within 6 feet of an infected person for 10 minutes to catch it. No need to have one on outside. You are not going to get it or give it to someone by just walking by someone. 

Wrong again. You can spread it by simply coughing or sneezing, releasing droplets into the air. This is from the CDC website: 

What counts as close contact?

• You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes
  • You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
  • You had direct physical contact with the person (touched, hugged, or kissed them)
  • You shared eating or drinking utensils
  • They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you

11 hours ago, gman said:

Wrong again. You can spread it by simply coughing or sneezing, releasing droplets into the air. This is from the CDC website: 

What counts as close contact?

• You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes
  • You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
  • You had direct physical contact with the person (touched, hugged, or kissed them)
  • You shared eating or drinking utensils
  • They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you

Like I said no need to wear a mask outside.  Everyone knows if you sneeze or cough in public and don’t cover it you could be shot on site. :rofl:

8 hours ago, apaladin said:

Like I said no need to wear a mask outside.  Everyone knows if you sneeze or cough in public and don’t cover it you could be shot on site. :rofl:

Laugh all you want to, people are dying because some refuse to wear a mask. 

Another victim of the mass hysteria, misinformation, poor decisions. If Clemson and SC can play 10-11 games why can’t they play each other? The real reason is the SEC does not want to pay the guarantees for out of conference games with few or no fans. If they pick and choose what ooc games they play then they have to pay for all the ooc games. Covid, safety etc excuse has nothing to do with it. I’m mad because they cancelled the Furman/Tennessee game too. 

Edited by apaladin

6 hours ago, apaladin said:

Another victim of the mass hysteria, misinformation, poor decisions. If Clemson and SC can play 10-11 games why can’t they play each other? The real reason is the SEC does not want to pay the guarantees for out of conference games with few or no fans. If they pick and choose what ooc games they play then they have to pay for all the ooc games. Covid, safety etc excuse has nothing to do with it. I’m mad because they cancelled the Furman/Tennessee game too. 

We need more mass hysteria to get rid of this thing. The misinformation is coming from the White House. Yes, poor decisions have been made by the White House and by governers. Most importantly, poor decisions are being made by American citizens. Covid is THE reason the football season is being disrupted. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just drove up through North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky for a project meeting.  Anywhere  I stopped in Tennessee or Kentucky had a sign outside the door saying you must wear a face mask to enter.  Everybody was.  This included any big gas stations off the interstate.  Then I pulled into a QT in Greenville off 385 and noticed no sign out front and inside majority of people weren't wearing masks.

This mask ordinances work.

• Like 1