42 Ocean (Completed)

BFG

• 8 months later...

• vdogg pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Of course, you all know that this is BT.  Right? Who else would it be?!? LOL. Besides the fact he owns the property:  NO ONE. Not for 150 miles.

Has anyone taken a look at the finished $125M Marriott (in the background, above)?  It's 100% game-changing on every level. $8M rooftop restaurant, for starters.... 

Let's not just sit back and opine from our wonkish, text-book-taught, city planner virtual Legoland.  Far too often the focus seems so to be on the theoretical, or if theory becomes reality,  on the initial renderings and various stages of planning review and of early construction.  Let's follow these projects to actual completion and beyond, then review, celebrate, examine, critique,  experience and enjoy!

As for this condo development,  it looks like freaking Miami meets Malibu. Give me a break! Wow. Unbelievable. And what a beautiful and unexpected juxtaposition with the spectacular, period-correct residences just across the lawn at the Cavalier on the Hill. 

Now compare these condos with BG's 400 uh Sumthinaruther apartments.  Yes, I realize it's an apples-to-oranges comparison on a couple levels, but BG wouldn't deliver a BT-level product on any plot of land, on any planet. 

Truly, I don't care what everyone thinks lol. I know the objective truth when I see it.  BT is by far the best developer in this region. From Turtle Cay to Oceanaire, from The Main to the Cavalier Complex....and  so much more. I only wish he was younger and still early in his career.

Yes, A/H has done well with TC in most instances, but nobody talks about the sophistication, sheer luxe, cost per sf, or architectural excellence (read:  breakthroughs/new paradigms for HR) when they talk about A/H's VBTC or Hyatt/27 Ocean complex. 

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 4

BT for mayor! His legacy is mixed for me. Restoring the cavalier and building a brand new hotel on the same property is pretty legendary. He has also added 1000's of albeit low paying jobs to both cities. That's juxtaposition in itself too. He has talked about an airport before. I wonder if he would ever get into traditional residential or commercial development. Def has the pockets for it. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

So we're offering South Beach prices on condos, with none of the South Beach entertainment now? I know it's location, location, location, but VB has a long way to go before they can justify charging that IMO.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my modest house that's the same size, and about 1/6 of the price.

It’s going to be a combination of wealthy people from surrounding neighborhoods in VB who are downsizing but don’t want to leave the North End, and some from out of the market wanting second homes and/or retirement homes. Think of it this way, older rich people who are selling their big houses @1 million to several million dollars are not price sensitive and they don’t want tons of space to keep up, etc. They are also looking at the amazing array of amenities this place offers and the location being steps from the ocean. My guess is this will be a community with an older-skewing demographic. The younger folks with money already bought up the houses around the Cavalier, or other houses in the area to raise families in.

Some kinda strange, random shots I gathered from their website. I don’t think we’ve seen these before. Also, their website does not have any exterior shots to speak of at least not on the main page. I one here from Facebook and the other from an obscure section of their page not directly advertising the units...but talking about the development team, etc. 

EB317212-FB7F-454D-B616-91BF5AFC1670.jpeg

421DB27B-FE09-40B2-865E-64B06313D06A.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Absolutely agree. Right now the OBX real estate market is on fire probably due to the pandemic and folks moving from more densely populated areas. Hopefully this project will tap into those affluent buyers looking for a higher end experience that this offers with Oceanfront views.

Edited by urbanvb
  • Like 1

I always love how renderings evolve or even some in the same batch release look different because of the lighting, shading, colors, angles or varying methods/materials/modus, etc… I guess we’ll find out!

That $1.2M figure would be the average price of the remaining, unsold units. I don’t know how much the others sold for.  Given there is at least one over $4.4M and probably a few more over $2M or $3M, this is truly something else!

80DD88AE-ABC7-48B5-833E-B2EDC65BC08F.jpeg

5CABCF7F-E3E8-4255-9381-5818D15F4FFD.jpeg

Edited by baobabs727

On 11/17/2020 at 7:58 PM, baobabs727 said:

I always love how renderings evolve or even some in the same batch release look different because of the lighting, shading, colors, angles or varying methods/materials/modus, etc… I guess we’ll find out!

That $1.2M figure would be the average price of the remaining, unsold units. I don’t know how much the others sold for.  Given there is at least one over $4.4M and probably a few more over $2M or $3M, this is truly something else!

80DD88AE-ABC7-48B5-833E-B2EDC65BC08F.jpeg

5CABCF7F-E3E8-4255-9381-5818D15F4FFD.jpeg

In the article it said they've sold 6 of the 12 available units. Top rendering looks less polished than the bottom rendering. I don't think this is indicative of the design change, I think it's just a change in the quality of the rendering.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vdogg said:

In the article it said they've sold 6 of the 12 available units. Top rendering looks less polished than the bottom rendering.I don't think this is indicative of the design change, I think it's just a change in the quality of the rendering.

Right, there are 35 total units available, and six of the 12 already sold were sold to local buyers. The average price of the remaining units is 1.2 million. That is my understanding.  

Based on the look of the hotel alone, I believe that the darker rendering is more accurate.

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...