110 East: 23 story Tower by Stiles/Shorenstein

CLTProductions

Florida-based Stiles Corp. and West Coast real estate firm Shorenstein Properties said late Wednesday they will build a tower in a joint venture in South End.

The companies say they acquired 2 acres at the intersections of South Boulevard, East/West Boulevard and the East/West Boulevard Lynx Blue Line Station, where they will develop a 23-story, 385,000-square-foot office tower. The building will also include 11,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space.

The acquisition includes the buildings that currently house Tupelo Honey and The Manchester as well as an adjoining parking lot that's used for those restaurants. The seller was Browder Harris Group.

The two buildings and 2 acres included in the sale traded for $21.5 million, according to a source with knowledge of the deal — a sizable transaction even for booming South End, where new office towers are announced seemingly weekly.

Construction is expected to begin within the next year on the tower. A spokeswoman for Stiles declined to provide a more specific estimated groundbreaking.

Hastings Architecture has been appointed to design the tower but a rendering of the building was not immediately available.

Stiles and Shorenstein say there is potential to accommodate up to 1 million square feet in future phases for "larger users," but it wasn't immediately clear if that would be in one or more towers onsite.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jasons0013 said:

I like it a lot more than empty lots that are everywhere. While it is only a 2 story building, it has character. Which I highly doubt this new building will have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The building is 90 years old, so you gotta respect that.

28 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Shorenstein owns some nice properties 

https://shorenstein.com/properties/

and Stiles has developed some high rises in south Florida too especially in downtown Ft Lauderdale 

They definitely have one heck of a portfolio! Took me three minutes just to go through all their properties! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

So.... assuming this isn't spec, who wants to wildly speculate on tenants, or drop clumsily disguised hints?

I will speculate that it will be a tech firm and NOT a Bank. That said, it’s only because that is the “vibe” I get from SE.  

(keep those Bankers behind the Belk Barrier and make then develop all those remaining parking lots that they stare at from their lofty abode. Maybe they will get the nerves to pick up the phone and get Levine’s rear in gear!) 

Edited by A2.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Miesian Corners said:

JPMorganChase is moving its HQ to Charlotte. 

What wut! :D

That said, I wouldn’t doubt anything in the QC. This city is quite frankly on fire on the development front.  I truly am impressed at all that has happened this last cycle. If ol JP wants a home here, I’m sure the UP gang could definitely give em the red carpet treatment upon their arrival. 

Edited by A2.

2 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Can developers request that more sites be rezoned UMUD? Kind of sad to see the last UMUD lot go but who am I kidding you know I love me some height.

I was thinking the same thing. Is that something that could conceivably happen? I don’t pretend to know how that process would work. But that said, SE is the perfect corridor to extend the height. 

Edited by A2.
  • Like 1

JP Morgan Chase is moving lots of jobs out of NYC but probably to Plano TX where they are building a HUGE campus or Columbus OH but likely not here. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2019/06/05/jpmorgan-chase-will-bring-4000-more-workers-to-plano-with-new-tower-project/

and don't even mention a major paint company as this building is not large enough and that is still up in the air.  

Portman should break ground quick on their tower as sometimes first with the shovel  gets the tenants.    However Shorenstein owns the US Bank tower in Sacramento interesting. 

• Like 2