110 East: 23 story Tower by Stiles/Shorenstein

CLTProductions

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I have heard rumors they have an anchor tenant for it but they stated the would start without one.  

That's interesting news.  I will direct everyone to the Centre South project.  They put up renderings and erected what appears to be an "announcement" tent many months ago, but then nothing.  Wasn't sure if this wasn't the same situation.  Put up a tent, make everyone think an announcement is imminent, but really it's just a signal to prospects that your office project is not just a patch of dirt, but rather it's "shovel-ready."

1 hour ago, RANYC said:

That's interesting news.  I will direct everyone to the Centre South project.  They put up renderings and erected what appears to be an "announcement" tent many months ago, but then nothing.  Wasn't sure if this wasn't the same situation.  Put up a tent, make everyone think an announcement is imminent, but really it's just a signal to prospects that your office project is not just a patch of dirt, but rather it's "shovel-ready."

I think that is scheduled for GB in June or July?

From the rumblings they have been putting out I would suspect that Both the Stiles (110 East) and Centre South Projects (S. Blvd) will both be turning dirt by the end of this year.  South End is a very attractive market and a Safer Bet than any Spec Office starts Uptown at the moment. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

From the rumblings they have been putting out I would suspect that Both the Stiles (110 East) and Centre South Projects (S. Blvd) will both be turning dirt by the end of this year.  South End is a very attractive market and a Safer Bet than any Spec Office starts Uptown at the moment. 

Why do you say that?  I'm aware of the Grant Thornton and Arrival deals, but then Uptown just announced an upcoming Robinhood absorption.  Uptown has much older office product, but if something new were to come along, I still believe Uptown holds its own versus South End.  I suppose one has to postulate that the banks are going to have everyone return to the office (even though there may be more flexibility than in the past), and with the outlook improving for banking and financial services, I think indicators are decent for Uptown corporate growth which should translate into more office demand.  Projects like Ally Place and 101 Independence show me that if Uptown construction also invests in place-making, they can be very competitively positioned versus South End.  I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

Edited by RANYC

10Tryon is close to 200k sq ft of office proposed for Uptown, that should break ground this year.

As much as people on here cringe at this suggestion, one of South Ends main appeals is higher parking ratios, especially considering COVID has dampened enthusiasm for mass transit.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

10Tryon is close to 200k sq ft of office proposed for Uptown, that should break ground this year.

As much as people on here cringe at this suggestion, one of South Ends main appeals is higher parking ratios, especially considering COVID has dampened enthusiasm for mass transit.

I'll have to take your word for it as I've never seen the data on this.  I work in uptown and always find ample parking, although pre-COVID, I walked or cycled to work when the weather was nice and really only drove on days when the weather was or was expected to be inclement.  When I wish to park in Uptown, however, I do pay.  Will one pay for parking at the new South End projects?

Edited by RANYC

19 minutes ago, RANYC said:

I'll have to take your word for it as I've never seen the data on this.  I work in uptown and always find ample parking, although pre-COVID, I walked or cycled to work when the weather was nice and really only drove on days when the weather was or was expected to be inclement.  When I wish to park in Uptown, however, I do pay.  Will one pay for parking at the new South End projects?

It was a 3 year wait list to get parking in my building Uptown... I could have paid 20 dollars a day to get close, outdoor, parking though. I took Blue line instead. 

1 hour ago, RANYC said:

Why do you say that?  I'm aware of the Grant Thornton and Arrival deals, but then Uptown just announced an upcoming Robinhood absorption.  Uptown has much older office product, but if something new were to come along, I still believe Uptown holds its own versus South End.  I suppose one has to postulate that the banks are going to have everyone return to the office (even though there may be more flexibility than in the past), and with the outlook improving for banking and financial services, I think indicators are decent for Uptown corporate growth which should translate into more office demand.  Projects like Ally Place and 101 Independence show me that if Uptown construction also invests in place-making, they can be very competitively positioned versus South End.  I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

I think its specific to Spec. Uptown holds a lot of value for bigger companies who want lots of space. The Spec projects in SouthEnd hold a lot of value for smaller to midsize companies who need two - three floors or less. 

That said, I feel almost all current Spec builds have already been absorbed in Uptown and SouthEnd. 

Edited by Blue_Devil
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

It was a 3 year wait list to get parking in my building Uptown... I could have paid 20 dollars a day to get close, outdoor, parking though. I took Blue line instead. 

I took Blue Line when I first moved to town and lived in South End, but I had to take the very early trains (6:30am to 7am) or wait until late morning.  Otherwise, trains were too packed for my comfort (felt like I was back on the 4 train on the Eastside of Manhattan...I hated that then, and there's nothing appealing about it now).  Now I'm in Wesley Heights, and should I have to return to the office in Uptown, I'll likely cycle in more regularly or take the Gold Line.

• Like 1

Just now, RANYC said:

I took Blue Line when I first moved to town and lived in South End, but I had to take the very early trains (6:30am to 7am) or wait until late morning.  Otherwise, trains were too packed for my comfort (felt like I was back on the 4 train on the Eastside of Manhattan...I hated that then, and there's nothing appealing about it now).  Now I'm in Wesley Heights, and should I have to return to the office in Uptown, I'll likely cycle in more regularly or take the Gold Line.

To answer another question you posed, the Parking is allocated in the rent for a lot of these new projects (not all). So if a Tenant takes three floors they get an allocated number of spots. The companies use that as a "Perk" Free parking. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 6:17 AM, jordan704 said:

Driving by this morning it looks like they are setting up some sort of stage and tent on the property. Possibly an announcement? 

So what happened here?  Ground-breaking announcement or false alarm?  

This is one hole that needs to be filled in South End.  I personally don't care whether it's a tower or not, just fill the hole with something interesting that includes food, entertainment or retail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So they gave up on screening the one corner of the deck facing S. Blvd? I feel like the towers are great but at the same time they will continue to encourage the removal of the smaller scale brick structures that give South End some of its charm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1