110 East: 23 story Tower by Stiles/Shorenstein

CLTProductions

13 minutes ago, 49er said:

So they gave up on screening the one corner of the deck facing S. Blvd? I feel like the towers are great but at the same time they will continue to encourage the removal of the smaller scale brick structures that give South End some of its charm. 

So there will eventually be an Apartment tower on the Honey Tulepo site. That will cover the corner from a lot of angles. 

8 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

So the cool building with Tupelo Honey, and the building next to it with the Manchester, remain.  So why did Tupelo Honey move out?

See above. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Has this project lined up financing, along with Centre South and any of the other office announcements we've heard about?

Why am I so convinced that speculative high-rise office construction isn't going to have any lenders any time soon, until it's a bit clearer what companies are going to do post-COVID?

I wouldn't pay much attention to the banks - I'd question whether they're being so vocal about the importance of RTO (return to office) in order to signal to the rest of the economy that "in-office matters."  They don't want to see the CRE loan portfolio go south as lease renewals come up in the next few years.

I'd love to see more mid and high-rise infill density in center city, but can someone give me reason for hope?

• Like 1

CBRE has a new report on sublease activity in NYC.  May saw the lowest amount of new sublease space being marketed since last May, but even March-May was outlier because decisions weren't being made at CRE agents were considered non- essential.  This May new sublease postings were below long term avgs in NY.

On the flip side, 1mm sq ft was drawn in April and May, or 6mm sq ft annualized, which would be the highest since 2010.  60% of those withdrawals were stated as tenant changed mind, and now plans on occupying the space again.

There's lots of similar reports recently, some coming from the big consulting firms that are presumably less biased than a brokerage firm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
So they gave up on screening the one corner of the deck facing S. Blvd? I feel like the towers are great but at the same time they will continue to encourage the removal of the smaller scale brick structures that give South End some of its charm. 

This particular structure isn’t removing any smaller scale brick building as far as I know? Although there are some construction projects that have and that is undeniable.
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 6:35 AM, KJHburg said:

I have heard rumors they have an anchor tenant for it but they stated the would start without one.  

I don't know if they have an anchor tenant, but they are definitely looking for tenants.

https://www.commercialcafe.com/commercial-property/us/nc/charlotte/east-west-station/

On 4/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, Blue_Devil said:

I think that is scheduled for GB in June or July?

I had read Q2 2021, and now we're past that.  Perhaps July is more accurate.  We shall see.

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Agreed.   The excitement of the height and density have worn off and now I’m just stuck on the monolith of a parking garage.  Can’t see past it.  Not to mention the fact that screening on parking decks almost always looks 100x worse in reality than in renderings.   
If a massive deck is unavoidable, I wish we could  at least take something like the Honeywell design and put it here.  It would fit in better with all the brick buildings around it.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUIQQJ5AXNg/?utm_medium=copy_link

I'm finding myself increasingly disappointed in this project. The parking deck looks like sht and makes this thing look horribly suburban in what should be a super urban corner. The very basic glass box on top does nothing to salvage it. Hastings is capable of much better work than this.

Yes, a bit disappointing, but boy would I take this version of a building-to-garage integration over the crap we've got lining Church Street in uptown.  Having said that, it seems so out of proportion with surroundings - almost gaudy.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tozmervo said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUIQQJ5AXNg/?utm_medium=copy_link

I'm finding myself increasingly disappointed in this project. The parking deck looks like sht and makes this thing look horribly suburban in what should be a super urban corner. The very basic glass box on top does nothing to salvage it. Hastings is capable of much better work than this.

Nashville look LOL why even show even a corner of that garage like that? 

• Thanks 2