110 East: 23 story Tower by Stiles/Shorenstein

CLTProductions

50 minutes ago, DMann said:

Someone needs to tell the Observer to update their pictures of the Lowes tower.

The Observer just posts what the developer gives them they don't create their own renderings

45 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

I also feel like this has broken ground already? Observer is dated all over.

It has not had its official gold shovels in ground, governor and mayor in town, leaders of all the partners type of ground breaking yet.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TheRealClayton said:

The Observer just posts what the developer gives them they don't create their own renderings

It has not had its official gold shovels in ground, governor and mayor in town, leaders of all the partners type of ground breaking yet.

In my relatively short history in Charlotte, I find the Governor and mayor don't meet and celebrate a ground-breaking unless a large tenant with X number of new jobs is being announced or has been announced and is associated with the structure starting construction.  Is a tenant announcement for this site imminent?

Edited by RANYC

Just now, RANYC said:

In my relatively short history in Charlotte, I find the Governor and mayor don't meet and celebrate a ground-breaking unless a large tenant with X number of jobs is being announced or has been announced and is associated with the structure starting construction.  Is a tenant announcement for this site imminent?

that would be correct.  Maybe the mayor would come but unless there is a big tenant new to the market lined up the Governor is not coming.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/development/article257322507.html

23-story, $186 million tower to break ground later this month in booming South End BY GORDON RAGO JANUARY 18, 2022 6:20 AM

image.thumb.png.87e2e2721b516216f6974e8430cf6d6d.png

I find it odd that this Observer article mentions the 30-story apartment building to be built on the Price's chicken lot, but makes no mention of the imminent 24-story White Point Partners/Greystar building where demolition and site clearing have started, and which will be in the foreground of the rendering used.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, RANYC said:

I find it odd that this Observer article mentions the 30-story apartment building to be built on the Price's chicken lot, but makes no mention of the imminent 24-story White Point Partners/Greystar building where demolition and site clearing have started, and which will be in the foreground of the rendering used.

Likely because those projects have a common developer (stiles).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RANYC said:

Edit: I have learned I was incorrect.

Edited by TheRealClayton
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, RANYC said:

Thank goodness it will be in the foreground, and hopefully, from at least that vantage point, will block the 110 East tower from view. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a downside on these larger building along Camden?  Will they cast the street into eternal shade making a nice walkable area less attractive?

The tracks and trail make this “canyon” much wider than a typical street so I doubt any shade will be eternal.
  • Like 2

Those were residential projects noted in that article  an office tower like this with the limited transit options we have is just not feasible to have no parking.  Uptown works as there are lots of private lots and garages but not the case in Southend.  this tower will draw workers from all over.  We have a one SW to NE transit line and everyone still must connect by bus in uptown.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, RANYC said:

Also, Culdesac has "inked" partnerships with Lyft, Bird, and local transit system for seamless package deals and discounts for residents.

Won't any inked deals become null and void once developer sells? Would these partnerships or 'no car' agreements be transferred over if a new owner/contract in force?

8 hours ago, cityman4u said:

Won't any inked deals become null and void once developer sells? Would these partnerships or 'no car' agreements be transferred over if a new owner/contract in force?

It wouldn’t be transferred “in force” - the purchaser would know what restrictions/regulatory agreements/any other agreements exist on the property if purchased.

So it depends on legal documents & legal agreements. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD