110 East: 23 story Tower by Stiles/Shorenstein

CLTProductions

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm a little torn on this one.  On the positive side, it is a great office building squeezed into a parking lot that is a terrible use of space, it provides good density, and it has a modern sleek design.  On the negative side, it looks like there is a ton of wasted ground floor space.  I wish it interacted a little better with the lightrail station and it sort of comes across as a massive monolith which doesn't really blend with its surroundings.  Also that parking deck has to be the size of an entire apartment complex. . . I mean sheesh:

ext3.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CTiger said:

I wish it interacted a little better with the lightrail station and it sort of comes across as a massive monolith which doesn't really blend with its surroundings.  Also that parking deck has to be the size of an entire apartment complex. . . I mean sheesh:

^This.  And I hate seeing some of these massive buildings going up in South End that are overwhelming the historic structures nearby.  It's going to hurt the character of the neighborhood, which is what attracted people there in the first place.  That said, the current parking lot is a waste and I would rather see something, with retail, fill that space than nothing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Plus two of three bus lines pas there. 

I notice the building has a "jump lobby" which I assume means the lobby is far above the street level. However jump lobby can connote other, uh, issues.

The brochure notes an 11th floor lobby and sky lounge!

I love the way this building looks in the renderings. I just hope that the renderings are true to life and that the parking deck covering is all or mostly opaque. With such a small lot you can only fit so much retail on the ground floor, especially with the parking deck entrance and any additional mechanical or service corridors that the building requires.  The fact is contains any retail on the ground level at all and instead has a sky lobby is fantastic.

• Like 2