Triangle Ring Cities Thread

nicholas

57 minutes ago, rancenc said:

My roots are in Chatham County and they go back to early 1700s. So anything good for Chatham Co. is good to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 4:11 PM, rancenc said:

I wish NCDOT would re-prioritize getting 64 and 264 from Knightdale to I-95 upgraded to Interstate grade.

The projects keep getting pushed out. It's time to be bring the focus back to the economic engines of the state!  (I mean, the south 540 project is great, but it's a dang toll!)

image.png.4a6484dcf8a9f725fad9b97fc7d6be41.png

• Like 3

Here's a diagram of future Interstates for NC.  It has errors like missing the connection of I-87 from I-95 to the split of 87/587.  Also omits south 540, I-885 in Durham, the Monroe bypass, and the Greensboro northern loop.

Pretty sloppy! heh  But still better than anything else out there.    It's pretty cool seeing 87 to north and 42 out to the coast.  And 795 providing a major upgrade for north bound transit from Wilmington.

image.png.0fd25795dc46704828955eb10f60fdb0.png

Edited by rolly
  • Like 4

On 4/25/2021 at 5:47 PM, rolly said:

Here's a diagram of future Interstates for NC.  It has errors like missing the connection of I-87 from I-95 to the split of 87/587.  Also omits south 540, I-885 in Durham, the Monroe bypass, and the Greensboro northern loop.

Pretty sloppy! heh  But still better than anything else out there.    It's pretty cool seeing 87 to north and 42 out to the coast.  And 795 providing a major upgrade for north bound transit from Wilmington.

image.png.0fd25795dc46704828955eb10f60fdb0.png

Meanwhile, no direct interstate connections between Asheville and Charlotte or Charlotte and Wilmington?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DCMetroRaleigh said:

Will the Wadesboro Bypass be a freeway?

Yes I hope so.  Here is a map and half of it is funded.

R-5878 (ncdot.gov)

from the local paper this year

Wadesboro bypass is coming, no stopping it, city manager says | Anson Record

Cover_Ack (1) (ncdot.gov)   anson county transportation plan 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2