Albion, 21 stories/270 ft, 415 residential units, 5,650 sq. ft. of retail, 364 car garage, 645 Division St.

markhollin

• markhollin changed the title to Albion, 21 stories/270 ft, 415 residential units, 5,650 sq. ft. of retail, 364 car garage, 645 Division St.

If these are really condos I would think the selling price would be affected by the views they have, especially the ones that face that monstrosity next door since they're so close together.  But the units with no obstructions are going to have a great view and the building looks better all the time as that cladding gets higher.  I really like it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Can the liquor store afford to stay on that lot? The corkdorks hotel would make more sense here IMO.

Are you kidding me?  Being in the very middle of thousands and thousands of condos, apartments and hotels hakes them sitting commercially on a gold mine or the US mint.  What would increase the cost of them staying there anyway unless they do not actually own the land the store sits on?  Does anyone know the owner of the property?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, colemangaines said:

They're owned by somebody called "Division Street Group" but that's just some LLC so who knows. Says it was registered in 2008 to the mailing address of a different liquor store in Atlanta.

The tax appraisal nearly doubled to $11.4MM in 2021, though. So there's definitely some point, somewhere, where the opportunity cost of the land value plus increased property taxes becomes worthwhile to relocate somewhere a couple miles away.

image.png.c16edbbc7aab6aed90e04676ac960185.png

If the liquor store does own it, I could see a redevelopment of the site with the liquor store taking up a smaller portion, with a new building built on the rest of the site. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, colemangaines said:

They're owned by somebody called "Division Street Group" but that's just some LLC so who knows. Says it was registered in 2008 to the mailing address of a different liquor store in Atlanta.

The tax appraisal nearly doubled to $11.4MM in 2021, though. So there's definitely some point, somewhere, where the opportunity cost of the land value plus increased property taxes becomes worthwhile to relocate somewhere a couple miles away.

image.png.c16edbbc7aab6aed90e04676ac960185.png

That’s what I was alluding to. At what point is the land too valuable to justify a one story liquir store? Even though I realize it’s a great liquor store location.

• Like 3