Cars of the QC

5 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Not really fair to post photos from dealerships but I'll make an exception for this one.  

From this morning:

First Lamborghini Huracan STO to be delivered to a customer in the US.

I talked to the new owner and the car is staying local.

IMG_20210717_104835383_HDR.jpg

The owner of this just put his orange Huracan LP610 up for sale, as this will be replacing it.  His old Huracan had been twin-turbocharged by Underground Racing which is just off of Tyvola Rd and is one of the premier high-performance development shops in the country.  It made 1150 horsepower on normal 93 octane and 1300 horsepower on racing fuel.  Very cool that people in Charlotte are getting the first examples of limited-edition exotic cars like this.  The first customer-delivered McLaren 765LT in America was also delivered to a local resident, and he drives it a lot.

Also worth noting, the Lambo dealership is about to start carrying the Lotus brand in addition to Lamborghini, as the Greenville (SC) and Winston-Salem Lotus dealerships have both closed within the past year or two.

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My secondary ride in the big D.   Seen in downtown Dallas the heir to the Mary Kay fortune a company started here perhaps?  Just saw the Tennessee plates Miranda Lambert maybe.  The valet did not seem to know. 

Don't worry I have my eyes on Texas for any other nice cars.

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 4

Over in Fort Worth found my official car for my Texas office (and for the  city  slickers from back east) and also my 4x4 for my local Texas customers.    The traffic is really bad in Fort Worth  worse than the bigger Dallas really slow moving too. 

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Ancient joke (related to last photo above): Man pushing broom, shovel  and bin behind circus parade of elephants is asked why he continues such a terrible job.

"And give up show business?" he replies. 

This joke was ancient when Tarhoosier was a pup.

That's pretty good but not the way I heard it: There's a job circumcising elephants at the circus. Doesn't pay much but you get to keep the tips...

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

This is interesting new French 4x4 utility vehicle company making Raleigh their new US headquarters.  

Builder of 4×4 utility vehicle picks Raleigh for US headquarters, new jobs | WRAL TechWire

Looks like a French made Jeep.

The INEOS Grenadier 4X4 | INEOS Grenadier USA

Its based off the old LR Defender. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Last Wednesday, was cruising down Graham St when this bright green Lamborghini Aventador SVJ drove by in the opposite direction.  It pulled into the QT just outside of uptown so I turned around to get a closer look since you don't see a lot of $700k cars running around here.  I eventually found out it was rapper DaBaby who was shooting a music video there for some reason.  Also pictured are some of what I assume are his other cars, a Mercedes-Maybach S650, Lamborghini Urus, and Mercedes-Maybach GLS600.

IMG_6598.jpg

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2021 at 11:22 PM, nicholas said:

Last Wednesday, was cruising down Graham St when this bright green Lamborghini Aventador SVJ drove by in the opposite direction.  It pulled into the QT just outside of uptown so I turned around to get a closer look since you don't see a lot of $700k cars running around here.  I eventually found out it was rapper DaBaby who was shooting a music video there for some reason.  Also pictured are some of what I assume are his other cars, a Mercedes-Maybach S650, Lamborghini Urus, and Mercedes-Maybach GLS600.

IMG_6598.jpg

I saw that lambo this week on Park Rd.  Maybe he was visiting his lawyer in Southpark LOL.  I was trying to peer inside but couldn't see squat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...