Cars of the QC

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 3:34 PM, KJHburg said:

Saw this V-8 Mercedes sports coupe  up in Mooresville today.   What is the deal with this @nicholasplease enlighten me.  what are we talking about in price etc?

Mercedes-AMG GT, possibly GT C or GT S but hard to tell for sure. Starts at about $120k for the base GT and goes all the way up to $325k for the top of the line Black Series.  Hopefully the Nissan didn't crash into it on its way out.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DJ8hep said:

I had to scroll back because I distinctly remembered this car had been mentioned before in this discussion. Must be the same person! That was a beautiful car to see in person…
2006bf5b92e61bccf8e38368f0ff8e57.jpg

I saw it today on Graham St around 430!  A really clean example.  Looks like they just drove it off the showroom floor. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

seen out west somewhere but you maybe able to guess.  a lowrider on the freeway! I think it was a Kia is that kosher? 

and an American Muscle car.  It is true this will be discontinued? 

IMG_2835.JPG

IMG_2941.JPG

IMG_2942.JPG

Low Bois is a Ford Focus sedan, circa 2010.  And the Corvette isn’t going to be discontinued, but the next (C9) model will be driven electrically.  They just came out with that mid-engined C8 a couple years ago. And not that it matters to anyone, but I liked the promise of a mid-engined Vette more than I like the execution.  It’s thick and chunky/clunky to me.  I prefer the C7.  Great proportions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, turbocraig said:

Low Bois is a Ford Focus sedan, circa 2010.  And the Corvette isn’t going to be discontinued, but the next (C9) model will be driven electrically.  They just came out with that mid-engined C8 a couple years ago. And not that it matters to anyone, but I liked the promise of a mid-engined Vette more than I like the execution.  It’s thick and chunky/clunky to me.  I prefer the C7.  Great proportions.

Every single time I see that mid-engined Vette from afar I think "Sweet, an exotic supercar, I wonder what it is" and then it turns out to be that.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 9:26 PM, Madison Parkitect said:

Every single time I see that mid-engined Vette from afar I think "Sweet, an exotic supercar, I wonder what it is" and then it turns out to be that.

Maybe not "Exotic" because its made in Bowling Green, but it certainly is a super car.  Z06 - 194mph top speed  and 0-60 in 2.6.   Those are McLaren numbers. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...