Cars of the QC

On 10/13/2022 at 10:41 PM, KJHburg said:

^^^ That was for sure a rare spotting.  Thats a dealer tag correct? 

This one is rare as well in the US a Toyota made Century  from the website

""A full model change in June 2018 led to the development of the third-generation Century, which remains Japan's only chauffeur-driven automobile.""

seen in Hilton Head  and it was in the British driving style with the steering wheel on the right. 

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/28100795.html

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

I’m familiar with the Century, but am more intrigued by the white sedan next to it.  It looks like a cross between the 4th-gen S-Class and a late 80s Mazda 929.  Wonder what that one is…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turbocraig said:

I’m familiar with the Century, but am more intrigued by the white sedan next to it.  It looks like a cross between the 4th-gen S-Class and a late 80s Mazda 929.  Wonder what that one is…

it was some Mazda or something like that with steering wheel to the right too. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since I from the QC I will put these up here.  Down in greater Miami and boy do you see some nice cars.  Many of these were at the site of the new Bentley condo tower where their sales office is now in Sunny Isles (north Miami Beach) and some from here and there.  I thought a car show at the sales office of the Bentley condos is great marketing. 

https://bentleyinmiami.com/   I was going to put my name on the reservation list then I checked my Mega Millions ticket and alas had to cancel for now.  Only 749 feet tall okay I will still consider it maybe. 

If you want to see only cars in the QC look away now.   Rolls Royce must be the new choice of the wealthy down here have seen a lot of them including a pink Rolls at the Publix in Palm Beach.  Never seen a Karma car in my life. 

20230114_100140.jpg

20230114_140348.jpg

20230114_140401.jpg

20230114_140408.jpg

20230114_140425.jpg

20230114_140431.jpg

20230114_140439.jpg

20230114_140451.jpg

20230114_140459.jpg

20230114_140512.jpg

20230114_140529.jpg

20230114_140540.jpg

20230114_140547.jpg

20230114_140634.jpg

20230114_140649.jpg

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2023 at 6:06 PM, KJHburg said:

Since I from the QC I will put these up here.  Down in greater Miami and boy do you see some nice cars.  Many of these were at the site of the new Bentley condo tower where their sales office is now in Sunny Isles (north Miami Beach) and some from here and there.  I thought a car show at the sales office of the Bentley condos is great marketing. 

https://bentleyinmiami.com/   I was going to put my name on the reservation list then I checked my Mega Millions ticket and alas had to cancel for now.  Only 749 feet tall okay I will still consider it maybe. 

If you want to see only cars in the QC look away now.   Rolls Royce must be the new choice of the wealthy down here have seen a lot of them including a pink Rolls at the Publix in Palm Beach.  Never seen a Karma car in my life. 

I'll have to share some cars from around Charlotte that I've seen lately, just haven't had time to post.  Karma is an unusual case as that car was originally designed by Henrick Fisker (designer of the Tesla Model S) and was sold as the Fisker Karma, a sort of Model S competitor.  Fisker had done some "coachwork" cars previously, producing a limited run of expensive coupes and convertibles based on BMWs and Mercedes, but the Karma was their first in-house model.  Sales flopped due to a number of high profile breakdowns while in the hands of reviewers and Fisker Automotive went bankrupt a few years later.  After the bankruptcy, a Chinese company called Karma Automotive bought most of the assets from Fisker and started producing the Revero which was basically the same car.  McLaren of Charlotte briefly sold Karma vehicles but it looks like they've dropped the brand in favor of even more exclusive automakers.  I have seen a few of those Reveros around Charlotte but they are very rare.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Charlotte, North Carolina is known for its diverse car culture, with a range of interesting cars being driven on its roads. Some of the most popular and eye-catching vehicles that can be seen in the Charlotte area include:

• Muscle Cars: There is a strong community of classic muscle car enthusiasts in the Charlotte area, and these vehicles are a common sight on the roads and at car shows.
  • Exotic Cars: With its thriving economy, Charlotte attracts many high-end car

On 1/4/2022 at 9:59 PM, wilmore said:

I'll answer here and just say, wow, electric cars rule for the city (and really almost every!) use case. Got a Tesla Model 3 about a month ago and am loving it, have taken it on a few day trips. For what I wanted this is really the only choice, we had an SUV, and no kids, so the Y was not as appealing. The new Ford looks pretty good, but it's kind of a weird spot as a small crossover and basically as expensive as the Model 3. 

On one of the day trips, I drove about 5 hours total, and needed to stop at the Tesla supercharger in Columbia, behind a Hilton Garden Inn, for some charging to get enough range to make it back easiy. 15 minutes, $7. 

The "one pedal driving" is also very cool although I am not 100% locked in on it yet, but as you get used to using one pedal mode, it is strange to drive a gas car and have it just keep coasting up at things after you take your foot off the gas. 

You can check more detail about Tesla Model Y at nerdycar. 

Many customers who are seeking for an electric automobile that offers a good balance of performance, range, and cost frequently choose the Tesla Model 3. It's unquestionably one of the greatest electric vehicles available right now, and both drivers and automotive experts have given it very favourable evaluations.

The Ford electric crossover is a brand-new vehicle that may be appealing to buyers who want something a little more roomy and adaptable than a sedan while yet enjoying the advantages of electric motoring. You did say that its pricing point is comparable to the Model 3, so choosing between the two might come down to individual preferences and needs.

My wife has had a Model 3 for over 4 years and we still feel like it is new!!!!!  One pedal driving is outstanding and the OTA updates has added value to this car.  Our lives are changing and I am moving to the 'burbs and rest assured that now that I need a vehicle it will be a Tesla!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Looks to be a Lotus Elise with an Exige front bumper, and the inner headlights removed.  Would not surprise me if that car sustained front end damage at some point as the entire front portion of the car is a single fiberglass body piece, and during repair the owner opted to buy a new body panel without the inner headlights.  Also does not look like a color that was offered from the factory for the Elise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

oh man I love how tiny it is. curb weight looks to be around 2000 pounds? amazing

It is very small, I have driven one before and ridden in another.  Getting in and out is very difficult until you learn the process, and you sit extremely low.  You literally feel like you're sitting on the asphalt and your head is below the windowline of most other vehicles (look how tall the WRX next to it is).  But if you can live with the drawbacks of how hardcore it is, there's not a more fun car out there.  top spec models will have power windows, radio, and A/C but many do away with one or more of those features to save weight, and you can forget about airbags, power steering, automatic transmission, or anything else like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, nicholas said:

It is very small, I have driven one before and ridden in another.  Getting in and out is very difficult until you learn the process, and you sit extremely low.  You literally feel like you're sitting on the asphalt and your head is below the windowline of most other vehicles (look how tall the WRX next to it is).  But if you can live with the drawbacks of how hardcore it is, there's not a more fun car out there.  top spec models will have power windows, radio, and A/C but many do away with one or more of those features to save weight, and you can forget about airbags, power steering, automatic transmission, or anything else like that.

Sounds like a really fast go-cart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...