Jump to content

nicholas

Cars of the QC

Recommended Posts

Cars of the C.C.  that is the Capital City y'all Raleigh.  Nick's Whips live from Raleigh. 

Lime Camaro say what?

Masereai north Raleigh. 

 

IMG_8267.JPG

IMG_8357.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Ah yes, the Maserati Ghibli: the middle-class Maserati :tw_lol:

Really an overpriced car.... its comparable set is a Mercedes E, Audi A6, and BMW 5 series which could outrun this thing from 0 to 60 for $20,000 less.

The shared interior parts with other Fiat-Chrysler parts is even more hilarious...
- Window switches are from a Jeep Cherokee (base level, not Grand)
- Light switches and the steering column are from the old Chrysler Town and Country leveraging spare parts not used before ending that vehicle for the Pacifica van
- Touchscreen system from base level Dodge and Jeep vehicles
et....
 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Really an overpriced car.... its comparable set is a Mercedes E, Audi A6, and BMW 5 series which could outrun this thing from 0 to 60 for $20,000 less.

The shared interior parts with other Fiat-Chrysler parts is even more hilarious...
- Window switches are from a Jeep Cherokee (base level, not Grand)
- Light switches and the steering column are from the old Chrysler Town and Country leveraging spare parts not used before ending that vehicle for the Pacifica van
- Touchscreen system from base level Dodge and Jeep vehicles
et....
 

I've seen it referred to as "the Maserati for people who don't know anything about cars"

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I've seen it referred to as "the Maserati for people who don't know anything about cars"

Honestly that is just the moniker of Maserati. In the car design world Maserati is often an example of how not to design a luxury car, they tend to throw money at materials instead of simply improving the design

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I am seeing the so called middle class Maserati all over now saw one at Waverly today.  And I can't get what yall said about it out of head. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, CLT> said:

FE0C8264-A49D-4CDB-81DA-3C45BE984E34.jpeg

I'm normally not a big fan of SUVs, but that Defender is badass.

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Now I am seeing the so called middle class Maserati all over now saw one at Waverly today.  And I can't get what yall said about it out of head. 

Waverly always has nice cars, just in the Starbucks parking lot I've seen two different Ferraris.  And lol, Maseratis depreciate like pet rocks.  There's a 2016 Ghibli with 43k miles for sale in the Raleigh area for less than $20k.  Even the more exotic models like the GranTurismo can be had for around $20k if you like to play Russian roulette with your cars.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a kind of matte/color shifting purple Lamborghini Urus at Atherton Mill this morning, parked near Free People in the old mill part. Didn't get a picture but there can't be more than one of those around here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Trai Turner has one:

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/trai-turner-dw-spotlight

He was traded in March to Los Angeles. He live right behind me for a year in a rented home. Left after the trade went through. Generally quiet with an occasional pool party. 

I saw that at Whole Foods in Southpark once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Trai Turner has one:

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/trai-turner-dw-spotlight

He was traded in March to Los Angeles. He live right behind me for a year in a rented home. Left after the trade went through. Generally quiet with an occasional pool party. 

Looking at the photos of his green one, the one I saw had the same kind of unique metallic color change effect, but in purple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's Jeremy Lamb's Urus.  Heard he was in town this weekend....he has connections here outside basketball, though not sure if he still has a house here 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

That's Jeremy Lamb's Urus.  Heard he was in town this weekend....he has connections here outside basketball, though not sure if he still has a house here 

Looked up photos and that's the car! I wonder what he was doing at Atherton Mill at 10am on a Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I could not find Cars of Waxhaw thread I thought I would put this Lambo here seen coming out of Lawson neighborhood in Waxhaw.  @nicholas can tell you the make  and model I am sure.  Liked the color but doesn't seem to have a turn signal when he turned left into the Harris Teeter at Cureton LOL. 

IMG_9519.JPG

IMG_9520.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You see much nicer cars in my old Charlotte haunts (Meyers Park and SouthPark) than you do in Chapel Hill.  Then again, the people tend to have way more money in MP/SP than they do in CH.  Also, there's a much higher Granola factor in CH, so even those who could afford a Range Rover would probably opt for a Prius with a Bernie Sanders sticker on it.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cars of the QC Lowcountry edition.  Saw a grey Lambo and an Alfa Romeo SUV I have not seen before.  I am sure @nicholas can give us the 4-1-1 on this car.  From Bluffton next to Hilton Head Island and in front of one of my favorite restaurants Captain Woody's ( 2 locations this one and one on Island) and this Alfa Romeo. 

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

IMG_9806.JPG

IMG_9812.JPG

IMG_9840.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Cars of the QC Lowcountry edition.  Saw a grey Lambo and an Alfa Romeo SUV I have not seen before.  I am sure @nicholas can give us the 4-1-1 on this car.  From Bluffton next to Hilton Head Island and in front of one of my favorite restaurants Captain Woody's ( 2 locations this one and one on Island) and this Alfa Romeo. 

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_9840.JPG

Nice!  Crazy how common Lambos have gotten.  That's a 2014-2019 Huracan LP580-2, the Alfa is a 2018- Stelvio Q4.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get some representation of classic American muscle cars here?  I mean all these euro vehicles are nice, but nothing beats the classic American muscle car sporting a screaming V8.  
 

70 Chevelle SS 454 LS6...yes please

1967 GTO...one of my favorites.

1970 Dodge Charger with a blower sticking out of the hood...also one of my favorites

An Eleanor...perhaps the greatest looking car ever built.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

Can we get some representation of classic American muscle cars here?  I mean all these euro vehicles are nice, but nothing beats the classic American muscle car sporting a screaming V8.  
 

70 Chevelle SS 454 LS6...yes please

1967 GTO...one of my favorites.

1970 Dodge Charger with a blower sticking out of the hood...also one of my favorites

An Eleanor...perhaps the greatest looking car ever built.

 

The lack of american muscle cars in CLT is pretty mind blowing.  I grew up in PA where american muscle cars are a way of life, including my family.  My dad had a 69 Chevelle show  car with a 496 stroker motor and could spin the tires all the way through 3rd gear...and if you ever took a ride with my dad, you would have check your underwear when you were done.  Classic Corvettes, Nova's, GTO's, Barracuda, TBirds, Mustangs, Camero's were cars you saw every day.   Been in CLT 20+ years and I rarely ever see classic American muscle.  

Instead of a Lambo, I rather be driving around a 63 Corvette Stingray split window any day (not mention that car will hold its value, unlike todays super cars with their redonkulas MSRP. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.