Cars of the QC

Oh American muscle cars are well represented in the Charlotte suburbs for sure think Lake Norman and Cabarrus County.    There is a huge car culture that is related to the NASCAR business that is based here.  I know someone in Harrisburg who had 12 garages at his home and a classic American car in each of them! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not to mention the Food Lion Auto Fair showing off that culture. I grew up going to it. 

This isn't very expensive (yes but not by supercar standards) or really that rare, but it was cool seeing my first AEV Prospector XL in Charlotte. 

20200714_110419.thumb.jpg.7830b3053ad60055ef553cc796c28cb9.jpg

I guess my speed is a little different than others...

P.S. Though I'm not a Ford guy, that new Bronco, right?! Can't wait to see my first here in the QC.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Oh American muscle cars are well represented in the Charlotte suburbs for sure think Lake Norman and Cabarrus County.    There is a huge car culture that is related to the NASCAR business that is based here.  I know someone in Harrisburg who had 12 garages at his home and a classic American car in each of them! 

But do they ever drive them?!?  

At least I can say the Ferrari/Lambo/Mclaren guys at least drive them around S CLT.   I can say I am never up by the lake so I can't speak to up there tho.  I know the Nascar guys typically have a lot of classics...but part of that is because those guys sponsors aren't to keen to seeing photos of them driving something other than a Chevy/Ford/Toyota.   I have seen Jimmie Johnson driving one of his classic pickup and it's freaking sweet!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

At least I can say the Ferrari/Lambo/Mclaren guys at least drive them around S CLT.   I can say I am never up by the lake so I can't speak to up there tho.  I know the Nascar guys typically have a lot of classics...but part of that is because those guys sponsors aren't to keen to seeing photos of them driving something other than a Chevy/Ford/Toyota.   I have seen Jimmie Johnson driving one of his classic pickup and it's freaking sweet!

More show cars for sure.  But head out to the Auto Fair at the speedway and you will see plenty.  Here is a popular place for storage in Concord https://www.autobarnclassiccars.com/storage

and another place for car storage in Concord https://www.streetsideclassics.com/locations/nc   but believe me plenty of people have classics in this area they don't show them off as much. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

Classic cars in general are much rarer to see driving around than modern ones, and it doesn't matter whether we're talking about American muscle or European performance.  I think that too many people are overly fixated on their cars' values than actually driving and enjoying their cars, and since classics are getting harder and harder to come by, it creates a viscous cycle of not driving their cars due to fear of something bad happening, which causes the value to stay high, which makes them hesitant to drive their cars....which continues the cycle. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

caught this Porsche SUV and I know these are expensive.  I will leave the model and base price to the experts.  My friend had one in Charleston and they are nice! 

IMG_0532.JPG

Cayenne of some sort, probably the base model because it has the basic exhaust tips.

• Like 2

trying to get some American muscle cars but don't see them parked but on the road.  Some Dodge Chargers in Concord and along I-485 today. 

also saw plenty of Highway Patrol and Sheriffs Deputies pulling people over on I-77 including the express lanes, I-485 and I-85 today. 

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

trying to get some American muscle cars but don't see them parked but on the road.  Some Dodge Chargers in Concord and along I-485 today. 

also saw plenty of Highway Patrol and Sheriffs Deputies pulling people over on I-77 including the express lanes, I-485 and I-85 today. 

IMG_0542.JPG

Challenger with the Widebody option, nice :shades: Can't tell if that's just a Scat Pack or Hellcat, or possibly a Demon, but I'm sure it's plenty fast.  One of my uncles has a 2015 Challenger R/T with a six speed manual, and it is a blast to drive!

• Like 2

^OMG!!!!! That is a Bugatti Veyron, a car I've never ever seen in person. When it came out in the mid-00s, it was the fastest, most-powerful, and most expensive car ever produced by a huge margin with a 0-60 time of under 3 seconds, just over 1,000 horsepower, and a price tag of $1.25M.  Simply incredible to see a picture of one roaming the streets of Charlotte! Check your sofas and see if you happen to have $1.4M lost in there, as it's for sale at McLaren of Charlotte.

Also nice Raptor.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nicholas said:

^OMG!!!!! That is a Bugatti Veyron, a car I've never ever seen in person. When it came out in the mid-00s, it was the fastest, most-powerful, and most expensive car ever produced by a huge margin with a 0-60 time of under 3 seconds, just over 1,000 horsepower, and a price tag of $1.25M.  Simply incredible to see a picture of one roaming the streets of Charlotte! Check your sofas and see if you happen to have $1.4M lost in there, as it's for sale at McLaren of Charlotte.

Also nice Raptor.

No wonder someone was following it with his head out of the window taking a video or photo.  I would have gotten a better shot if not for all the construction at the Portman Hawkins tower LOL  Must have been a test drive then with a follow car in case someone tries to drive off.  

well here is webpage about the above referenced car.

https://www.bugatti.com/models/veyron-models/

even my salary as a CEO of a major sweet doughnut company makes this car unaffordable for me. Might have to do some real estate on the side as a side hustle. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, KJHburg said:

this has to be the most expensive used car on a  Charlotte lot or in this case in a showroom that you can drive off the lot today (with the right amount of money)

https://www.charlottemclaren.com/2008-bugatti-veyron-16.4-c-917.htm

Actually no, not by a long shot! There is a 2017 Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta that apparently has never been owned by anyone who knows how to drive it for sale at Formula One Imports on Independence Blvd for $4.69M!!!  The same dealership also has a 1988 Porsche 959 for sale for $1.425M, which fortunately has been driven at least a little bit.  The McLaren dealership also has three (!!!!) McLaren Sennas which are not priced, but are all likely in the $1.4M-$1.6M range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I just not up on cars that cost over $1 M I guess.  My friend from Charleston knows all these cars and wants to tour some of high end dealerships I will tag along for the test drive. 

I think they're cool, but sadly a lot of them are bought up by "collectors" who then lock away the cars in their collections and never ever drive them.  I mean the full carbon-fiber Senna for sale at the McLaren dealership was locally owned for most of last year, but the owners just trailered it to car shows and whatnot, and never ever actually drove it on the road.  And personally, I think that's a shame because at the end of the day, it's just a car, and it's meant to be driven.  Maybe it's because I put a lot of miles on my car, but I just do not get the point of buying a really cool car and then literally never ever driving it.

• Like 2