Cars of the QC

On 8/18/2020 at 10:31 PM, nicholas said:

Nice catch, but as noted in my last post, the last-gen model looks much much better to my eyes.  Something doesn't look quite right with the proportions of the C8, plus it's missing a pedal.

That dual clutch is supposed to be "Porsche" Good. I'd rather row my own but at some point when the auto is better we have to admit to the nostalgia of it all.

5 hours ago, InTheYear2000 said:

That dual clutch is supposed to be "Porsche" Good. I'd rather row my own but at some point when the auto is better we have to admit to the nostalgia of it all.

The reviews I've read suggest that it's not nearly as good as Porsche's PDK.  Automatics have been objectively better for nearly a decade now, but I will likely never own one because there is a connection to the car that can't be measured on paper, and can only be provided by a manual transmission.  The endless pursuit of numbers on paper has resulted in a ton of incredibly capable cars that are unfortunately increasingly generic and soulless to drive...AWD and dual clutch automatics and twin-turbocharged engines can only mask a car's lack of character to a certain point.  (Not saying the new Vette doesn't have character, but it's definitely not as distinct as the C7).

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 2

Soul? You want some soul in your drive?

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/driving-a-model-t-forces-you-to-rewire-your-car-brain/

Retard the spark, set choke, crank, all transmission functions by a single pedal, no accelerator pedal but a hand throttle on the column, re-set spark, stopping is like stopping a boat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The oldest car I have driven was a car I owned in high school, 1951 Chevrolet. Also 1951 Harley Davidson with a suicide shifter. (You can research that one). Older co-worker at my high school  summer job wanted to sell it to me. I drove it home for lunch one summer day. My father's head exploded. Co-worker was Vietnam veteran, PTSD victim though no words for it at the time, and selling that thing (not to me) was the only sensible thing he ever did.

Maaaybe a 1948 Plymouth owned by a high school friend.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 8:07 PM, KJHburg said:

a friend and I went fine dining in south Charlotte at Waverly.  Had to park on the streets LOL.    

How much is a Lambo and Ferrari worth @nicholas  $250K together or what? 

20200829_191303.jpg

20200829_191311.jpg

20200829_191319.jpg

Didn't know you and your friend had these gems hidden away in your garages!  New, you're looking at probably ~$400k for the Lambo and ~$300k for the Ferrari (plus another ~$300k for the black Rolls Royce in the back).  I've seen that Aventador Roadster at the Southpark Mall before!

DSC_6566.jpg

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Cars of the CC Capital City of Raleigh saw this bright orange  McLaren in North Hills.   Believe me it stood out.

This morning. 

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2573.JPG

Nice! 12C Coupe, definitely haven't seen that one around here. Although I did see a different orange McLaren in North Hills tonight lol.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little ways outside of the QC, but still nice to see.  From my recent trip to Wrightsville Beach...was taking a walk along Lumina Ave when I heard a ton of noise and then boom.  Lamborghini Gallardo casually cruising by.

IMG_0667.thumb.JPG.42acf23425f6a408ff3ddca87e4490ff.JPG

Heading out of the beach later that evening, had just crossed the drawbridge when I glanced over and noticed this Acura NSX parked at a restaurant.

IMG_0680.thumb.JPG.f832bf87cd363a5285cabe7a63ebe411.JPG

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 4