Cars of the QC

That's a Fiat 124 with their "performance" badging on it. Abarth is their performance line but I'm pretty sure that car gets mostly aesthetic upgrades and maybe a tuned exhaust, but otherwise would drive very similar to the $25k 124 which is built on the same platform and very very similar to an ND Miata. I personally think they yellow accents are tacky but I've heard driving wise it is a toss-up between which is the more fun option. I would probably still grab the Miata if I was choosing

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JHart said:

That's a Fiat 124 with their "performance" badging on it. Abarth is their performance line but I'm pretty sure that car gets mostly aesthetic upgrades and maybe a tuned exhaust, but otherwise would drive very similar to the $25k 124 which is built on the same platform and very very similar to an ND Miata. I personally think they yellow accents are tacky but I've heard driving wise it is a toss-up between which is the more fun option. I would probably still grab the Miata if I was choosing

It look really expensive but when I researched it online it kept coming up at Fiat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Fiat performance wing. Still a Fiat but with performance "stuff" and a different badge. In this case a Miata with Italian tuning and badge. Attention getting for sure.

Ford has "Shelby" mustangs for example.

Except the Shelby Gt 350 and GT 500s are substantially upgraded performance vehicles. This, not so much. 

Edit to add: It is still a really cool car KHburg, and just like the Abarth Fiat 500 they sound wicked. 

Edited by Blue_Devil

• 2 weeks later...

If we had a thread the Boats of the Carolinas this yacht in Hilton Head Island would lead the thread.  According to Outer Reef Yachts webpage this is some north of $1,000,000 plus     Found it and it can be yours for $2 M came up from Vero Beach FL to HHI

https://www.outerreefyachts.com/used-yachts/2008-outer-reef-yachts-730-my-suzsea/2770512

IMG_7864.JPG

IMG_7865.JPG

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7882.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

^Jaguar F-Type, nice catch. :shades:  I would have specced mine a little differently, but still a gorgeous car.  That one has a pretty phenomenal-sounding supercharged V6 that puts out 340 horsepower.  Fun fact, you can tell which engine it has by the exhaust pipes.  The base turbocharged I4 models have a single center exhaust pipe, the mid V6 models have twin center exhaust pipes, and the top trim V8 models have two sets of twin exhaust pipes (one set on each side). 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 6:17 PM, KJHburg said:

this caught my eye in the valet parking lot of the Hotel ZaZa in Houston this morning.  It is an Abarth had to look that one up.  first photo is the Hotel's shuttle. 

Cars of the S.C.  cars of the Space City LOL

IMG_6031.JPG

IMG_6094.JPG

IMG_6096.JPG

IMG_6097.JPG

IMG_6098.JPG

IMG_6095 (2).JPG

damn, what’s with all the ev chargers getting iced...

On 11/22/2020 at 2:04 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

So just polling here, but how many of you have a standard operating procedure whenever a car intentionally revs/speeds up loudly in Uptown (purposely trying to be loud)? If you do then you know what I mean

I try to keep up with it and make even more noise (despite my quiet turbocharged engine)

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, KJHburg said:

out at the Toyota dealer for some service and saw these $50K plus Supra's which are assembled in Austria with German engines which I found interesting.  Much of Toyota's line up is made in the US iwith the exception of their smallest cars.   List was $53,xxx on each of these. 

It's a BMW Z4 with some Toyota badges.  Fail

• Like 1
  • Haha 1