Cars of the QC

• 2 weeks later...

look what I spotted out on Main St in the small town of Oakboro in Stanly County today.  and this is very unusual for this town believe me.  Maybe connected to the new Charlotte Pipe and Foundry.  and they must have been eating at the same downtown Mexican restaurant I was because when I left they were gone. 

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4352.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

look what I spotted out on Main St in the small town of Oakboro in Stanly County today.  and this is very unusual for this town believe me.  Maybe connected to the new Charlotte Pipe and Foundry.  and they must have been eating at the same downtown Mexican restaurant I was because when I left they were gone.

I have heard that this car was won in some sort of online raffle and that the winner happened to live somewhere in the Charlotte region.  Great catch for Stanly County!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

forgot to post this Land Rover I saw .   it looked brand new and was bought somewhere in Cary.  Even though it looks like they were taking up 3 spaces they were not as those were not spaces just over the line. 

20210407_110714_HDR.jpg

I can’t with the window-sticker inspired appliqué on that C-pillar.  Does not compute.  But I did see one in all black on 77 the other day and that was a looker.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turbocraig said:

I can’t with the window-sticker inspired appliqué on that C-pillar.  Does not compute.  But I did see one in all black on 77 the other day and that was a looker.

I thought it was "unusual" to say the least.   Maybe in black would be much better

• Like 1

Part of my No Boycott Georgia tour saw lots of nice cars in Buckhead.  People in the ATL love their flashy cars for sure and I have not ever seen so many Range Rovers the go to SUV here.  Buckhead reminds of the Miami car scene.  

Saw a Maybach, a red  Lotus, lots of other high dollar cars.  Some of these paint colors I have not seen in the QC.  

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4781.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG

IMG_4793.JPG

IMG_4799.JPG

IMG_4800.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Nice catch on that black Maybach, I've never seen one of those in person.

Really?? Prior to Covid, I was driving around one weekend and saw four different new Maybachs between Southpark and Ballantyne, lol.

17 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Part of my No Boycott Georgia tour saw lots of nice cars in Buckhead.  People in the ATL love their flashy cars for sure and I have not ever seen so many Range Rovers the go to SUV here.  Buckhead reminds of the Miami car scene.  

Saw a Maybach, a red  Lotus, lots of other high dollar cars.  Some of these paint colors I have not seen in the QC. 

IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

I do love me a Lotus. That is an Evora (possibly an S, can't tell for sure though because the only visible difference is a single exhaust pipe instead of twin exhaust pipes) in what looks like Ardent Red and I believe the 2+2 seating option (adds back seats which are only habitable for very very small people). Evoras are powered by 3.5 liter V6 engines sourced from Toyota, and the S models (as well as later 400 and GT models) add a supercharger to that engine for more power and torque. One of my dream cars that I unfortunately rarely ever see in the Carolinas.

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 2

Yes that Lotus was a rare one for me too.

ATL has a street racing problem too with all these souped up or high performance cars around.

Police: At least 80 arrests, 45 cars impounded in South Fulton bust (fox5atlanta.com)

Not that Charlotte has not had a problem.  Some stretches of I-485 especially east side have been used as a late night drag strip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Yes that Lotus was a rare one for me too.

ATL has a street racing problem too with all these souped up or high performance cars around.

Police: At least 80 arrests, 45 cars impounded in South Fulton bust (fox5atlanta.com)

Not that Charlotte has not had a problem.  Some stretches of I-485 especially east side have been used as a late night drag strip.

Looks like a lot of Camaros and Chargers based on the photographs.  I have seen a lot of Chargers weaving in and out of traffic in Raleigh and Charlotte, and unfortunately I think those are pretty popular cars among street racers as well as other American muscle cars.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, nicholas said:

At the Porters House restaurant in Ballantyne on Thursday.  @KJHburg mentioned in a previous comment that he had to park his Ferrari and Lamborghini in the streets at this restaurant, so I am sure that several of these are his.

IMG_2982.JPG

IMG_2986.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

What is it about this restaurant? Is this a regular thing where these supercars show up there en masse?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

What is it about this restaurant? Is this a regular thing where these supercars show up there en masse?

Some of the highest income in the state in NC within 5 miles Weddington, Marvin, Charlotte zips 28277, 28270.   Marvin average income is $178K  and the KJ likes the Porter House. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...