• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, urbanlife said:

It is weird to see hotels going up along the oceanfront that have the short side facing the ocean rather than the long side providing more oceanfront view rooms.

Wonder if they're trying to save space to fit in more hotels, and thus build a new skyline?

20 hours ago, urbanlife said:

It is weird to see hotels going up along the oceanfront that have the short side facing the ocean rather than the long side providing more oceanfront view rooms.

Scarcity of land and rising prices. Also they can and angle the balconies on the long sides so that only the short side facing Atlantic won’t have any ocean views.  

5 hours ago, Qdeathstar said:

Face this way you can charge a super high premium for the ocean side rooms and then the rooms on both sides have ocean view rooms.... 

That is true, you have oceanfront rooms and then more partial oceanfront rooms. It just looks odd to me to see hotels going against the standard for oceanfront hotels in VB where it was important to have all the rooms face the ocean.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Qdeathstar said:

Face this way you can charge a super high premium for the ocean side rooms and then the rooms on both sides have ocean view rooms.... 

So in Daytona I stayed at a hotel years ago where probably 80% of the rooms had ocean views. The building was shaped like a trapezoid so that most partially faced the ocean. I figure that's a good way to go to maximize views I suppose. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...