PRIME/801 Church St. (38 stories, 456', 358 units, 2,654 sq. ft. retail, 511 capacity garage)

markhollin

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I doubt Tony will do the Anne Dudley Davis Park if Paramount doe's not go at the Church St. Park location. Why would he even want to give the city anything if given the shaft by Cooper.

If I remember correctly, he said that he would provide the plans to the city, but it would be up to the city to find it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

If I remember correctly, he said that he would provide the plans to the city, but it would be up to the city to find it. 

If i remember correctly, he would provide the plans to the city at cost for what he paid to have them developed. But that was also just concept work, the most expensive parts of the design process still lie ahead with moving that forwards.

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Tony does not own any of it yet. He has the property under contract and that probably includes the other two parcels as Speedwagon owns those as well and it was shown on the map in the NBJ article.

He has until sometime mext year to close on it.

Thanks for sharing. This is pretty typical, it allows Tony th exclusive rights to do his due diligence on the property to make sure that what he wants to propose is feasible. This is very typical for major developments.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Found the water sewer filing for this: 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=359086

Nothing really new, except for the number of planned units, and the presence of above/below ground parking and retail. 

351 units total: 

54 studio units. 
216 one bedroom units. 
81 two bedroom units. 

1500 sq. feet of retail fronting Church/9th. 

10th floor amenity space, so I’d imagine 8 floors of above ground parking. Public parking included. 

Given that this is about the same lot size as 505 CST, and that building averages about 12 units per residential floor, I’d guess that we would have 1 lobby floor(20’), 8 floors of parking(9.5’/floor), 1 amenity floor(14’), and about 30 floors of residential(11’/floor), giving a total of 40 stories, or about 440’ depending on floor heights. before the roof/possible crown. This could vary based on floor plans, but that would be my best guess. 

Would that square footage be enough to support more than one retail location? I mean, I'm glad to see retail involved in this for street activation, but that doesn't sound like a lot. 

1 hour ago, satalac said:

Would that square footage be enough to support more than one retail location? I mean, I'm glad to see retail involved in this for street activation, but that doesn't sound like a lot. 

You'd likely need more than 2000 sf to begin to support more than one retailer. You might do a small take out only space, and a space like a Sunglass Hut, but you need a restroom and back of house spaces that all eat up square footage. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nash_12South said:

You'd likely need more than 2000 sf to begin to support more than one retailer. You might do a small take out only space, and a space like a Sunglass Hut, but you need a restroom and back of house spaces that all eat up square footage. 

That's what I was thinking. Anyone know if the elevation of the street may be a reason for this? Maybe there just won't be enough usable space to put this plus the lobby. 

26 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Does "only" three elevators (plus service) indicate that this building will NOT be 40 stories tall? 

Not necessarily. If a am remembering correctly, the number of elevators is really dictated by the code requirements of emergency power and accessible occupant loads. I would expect two elevators (service + 1 public) to serve as emergency elevators, and the other two would "return-to-home" in the event of emergency. 

Also depending on the controls system for the elevators, three can be very efficient.

• Like 1

• smeagolsfree changed the title to 801 Church St. (38stories? 440'? 351 units, 1,600 sq. ft. retail, garage)
1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I am also willing to bet this building goes up before 900 Church as the parking here will help pre-lease 900 Church. 900 Church can also be used as a lay down yard for construction.

Interesting theory.  Couldn't it work the other way too, with this lot serving as the lay down yard for construction of 900 church?

• Like 1