PRIME/801 Church St. (38 stories, 456', 358 units, 2,654 sq. ft. retail, 511 capacity garage)

markhollin

1 hour ago, Armacing said:

Interesting theory.  Couldn't it work the other way too, with this lot serving as the lay down yard for construction of 900 church?

Yeah...that would seem smart to build this one first to have parking...and use 900 as staging....then build 900 knowing you have parking across the street if anyone wants it.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 4:00 PM, Bos2Nash said:

I am also willing to bet this building goes up before 900 Church as the parking here will help pre-lease 900 Church. 900 Church can also be used as a lay down yard for construction.

May be a little hard as they have already pulled a foundation permit for 900 Church.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With 900 Church going up first, where do you think the staging area for 801 Church will be?  Running out of options in that area.  Perhaps some of the surface lot north of the Downtown YMCA (access could be challenging)? Or perhaps part of the surface lot at Church and Polk? I can't see Nashville Yards being particularly helpful, and the MGM/AEG will be significantly underway across 9th Ave. North at that point anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

Here is the document detailing how much bonus height 801 and 900 church will be receiving as a transfer from the Cohen building. Of note, the letter from Barge indicates that these buildings are being developed as companion buildings, and are considered to be a single site by the DTC. 

http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2020DTC-044-001_plan.pdf

Am I reading that right that you can transfer bonus height from another property you own if the height is lower on that property than what is allowed?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Plasticman said:

Any news on this one (or two)?   One site has 900 listed as “under construction”.   Are they both pie in the sky, likely, certain, or actually starting?

The first post on this thread mentioned the drawings for this project were at least 9 months behind 900 Church so until you see movement on that project I wouldn't expect any significant news on this one.  

• Like 1