200 S Orange Conversion to MF

ChiDev

On 10/17/2020 at 2:11 PM, dcluley98 said:

My company distinctly said that they will definitely be expecting people back in the office next year, but that they are rethinking  some of the ways they approach office space. 

They highlighted that everyone in the office together promotes creativity and collaboration where people can talk and share ideas with others better than if they were isolated and doing everything virtually. I tend to agree with this to a point, but sometimes a bit more independence is necessary to get work done. 

They basically said that they will be looking to redo some of our space and move from more open office and group settings that had been a trend recently back toward small single space with mutliple break-out or conference areas.  They are looking at building out a new space and will be going for a pods  with full glass front wall and cubicles with higher walls. They will also have several break-out areas to meet and host local folks who come in for the day, but do not have a permanent office, and "isolation areas" that can be private space sealed off for sensitive calls or meetings. 

I think it is all a bit reactionary and just the latest "trend" that management thinks will get the most out of people, personally.  (I'm just glad that whole "open office" bullcrap trend went away before they made me do that. I would quit.)  

silver-open-air-workstation-combo-glass-extended-square-designer-handle-01-2048x1384.jpg

Glass-Office-Partitions-Benefits.jpg

02c98d12ec5e682fc939cd58e1dea200.jpg

DSC_3903-2-1024x693.jpg

Our office went open office and the primary complaint is that its noisy AF.  I wonder if leasing the new floor is going to put toward more offices.

On 10/17/2020 at 1:47 PM, ucfpatriot18 said:

I’m in the recruiting industry and the number of people relocating to the Orlando area is staggering.    I think we are going to be ok.  

That's good for the housing (single and multi) industry but I wonder what the impact will be for office space? 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scott J notes the amazing George Segal sculpture of the two trapeze artists who were perpetually in flight high above Sun Bank Center’s main banking floor, are now gone.

I’m sorry to hear it as they were one of Orlando’s most amazing sculptures.

I guess I can’t complain much since I’ve done all my banking online for years now but the capacious banking halls were the type of public facilities that gave you a great deal of pride in the community. Will it be the same as a 9-vendor food hall? I’m not sure.

Back when I was a kid and you pretty much had to visit the bank to do anything (even drive-in tellers were a newfangled anomaly  then), I used to revel in my visits to First National Bank downtown with my dad once a week to deposit his check. In Florida back then, there was no branch banking so it was the same bank every week.

Once a month, we’d go over to First Federal on Magnolia to make the house payment. One day, as we were in the queue waiting, I found $10 on the floor and thought I was rich. My father, otoh, was scared to death we’d get in trouble for taking someone’s cash and was trying to tell me I couldn’t keep it. I’m glad to report the guard was very cool about it and let me keep it. That netted me a rare weekday visit to Goff’s for ice cream, just me and my dad. Life was good.

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/5530-newsy-nuggets-a-downtown-food-hall-and-other-stuff

Edited by spenser1058

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Scott J notes the amazing George Segal sculpture of the two trapeze artists who were perpetually in flight high above Sun Bank Center’s main banking floor, are now gone.

Is it in the new building?

So Piedomont owns the former SunTrust Building 200 SOA. 

Not sure who owns the sculpture. 

Basically, the atrium space still exists, but has been refurbished along with the GF, entrances, and food hall/cafe spaces for Piedmont in order to increase the desirability of the building to modern standards and rent the office space above that SunTrust vacated. 

I have no idea on the fate of the sculpture. I think it would not make sense to put it in the new SunTrust building, but I don't know who owns it. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I guess I can’t complain much since I’ve done all my banking online for years now but the capacious banking halls were the type of public facilities that gave you a great deal of pride in the community. Will it be the same as a 9-vendor food hall? I’m not sure.

Back when I was a kid and you pretty much had to visit the bank to do anything (even drive-in tellers were a newfangled anomaly  then), I used to revel in my visits to First National Bank downtown with my dad once a week to deposit his check. In Florida back then, there was no branch banking so it was the same bank every week.

Once a month, we’d go over to First Federal on Magnolia to make the house payment. One day, as we were in the queue waiting, I found $10 on the floor and thought I was rich. My father, otoh, was scared to death we’d get in trouble for taking someone’s cash and was trying to tell me I couldn’t keep it. I’m glad to report the guard was very cool about it and let me keep it. That netted me a rare weekday visit to Goff’s for ice cream, just me and my dad. Life was good.

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/5530-newsy-nuggets-a-downtown-food-hall-and-other-stuff

SJ credits Mark B with breaking the story last week, but we here at UP knew about it 2 weeks ago.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

I have heard the food hall planned for 200 SOA is dead for now due to Covid. There was lack of demand from vendors wishing to occupy the food hall. The space will be built out as amenities space for future tenants.  

I guess that isn't surprising given the food hall CSP looks to be a go. They are supposedly starting build out next week.